FAQ  •  Czat  •  Register  •  Login

Looking for some good (other then youtube/internet) info

Moderator: slashncut

<<

Phlypzilla

Post Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:52 pm

Looking for some good (other then youtube/internet) info

I've been watching a lot of youtube videos, mostly made by a lot of people on this site (thank you, you guys rock) but im looking for different ways to learn, i.e books, dvd's things like that. youtube tutorials are great but i am obviously not going to get as good as i want to be from just learning tricks from tutorials on youtube. I would like to learn more about balisongs in general and the art of flipping direct from source not from second hand information. So i was wondering if anyone had any good tips or information on where i can find some good material that has worked for you, and what would be reliable information i can look into researching. i don't want to have to rely on others to learn too much, and i dont want to waste time and money on things that don't work or are just hard to understand/not professional reliable information.
<<

slashncut

Post Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:32 pm

Re: Looking for some good (other then youtube/internet) info

Balisong literature regarding to flipping is quite limited. The only balisong related book I have is The Lethal Art of Philipino Knife Fighting. It's a fun read, but there isn't much info on balisong flipping. A few fun hings about knife fighting thogh.
FATOC 2009 first place
FATOC 2010 first place
FATOC 2011 first place(shared)
<<

Malcolm Reynolds

be the malcolm

Post Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:31 pm

the art of flipping is a online art
rms+Image= :poop:
:pirate1: + :taco: = :taco_pirate:
<<

Cpfrombv

Post Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:40 pm

Well there is the Mastering the Balisong Knife by Michael Janich on DVD. It's not the greatest but it does show alot of the basic openings from many different views. Then there is the Advanced Balisong Manual by Jeff Imada. The book is out of print but I do think that there are some places that still will let you downlaod it. Everything else is what you can find in the tutorials section on this website. Some of the best innovators in the art of Balisong Manipulation come from the Bali Bros themselves. I hope this helps. :D
Mom told me not to run with scissors, but she never said I couldn't play with knives.
<<

Phlypzilla

Post Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:30 am

thanks guys ill look into these suggestions! i figured most of the modern flipping is all online and innovated by a lot of you and other people around the world limitedmostly to the internet, youtube/forums/things like that. just hard to go through things and figure out what i need to learn in what order and how to keep myself organized in practicing. im doing pretty well so far just trying to figure out a good/proper technique. i guess i really just need to practice practice practice. definitely interested in taking this seriously, i love it!

Return to The Art of Flipping