FAQ  •  Czat  •  Register  •  Login

About cuts

Moderator: slashncut

<<

edenavital

Post Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:01 am

About cuts

Hey guys,
This thread is about cutting, please write the baddest cuts that you had :)
I just got my fist balisong knife, kinda the first because I had alot crappy knife that broke after a week..
Well I ordered it from China, a bm 42 fake knife, costs me around 30$.
When I got it I was realy happy and surprised..
The weight is much heave than I thought, I was use only realy light ones..
She was beatiful and amazing, untill I cut myself haha :)

Well, I got my first cuts.. REAL CUTS.. I had cuts but without blood, tiny cuts, but now there was so much blood, I even have pictures, maby I will upload them later.
This topic is about cutting, did you have a realy bad cut? like with stiches?
Today I got my first real cuts with blood and shit so I wanted to know that i'm not alone :(
I thought on leaving balisong but I just can't give up! I'm to motivatied haha and I waited too long for this!

Hope you guys will enjoy from this discussion,
Have a nice day,
Eden.
<<

Riptide

Post Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:58 am

Re: About cuts

as a fellow flipper, i feel your pain. i think ive cut myself easily over 100 times in the few months ive been flipping. just recently i decided to take pictures of every cut i get, and suprisingly, its helped me realize where im going wrong in my tricks. as of today, i remembered to take 9 pictures, so here they are:

http://imgur.com/a/06u5r

nyways, i flip a K4 and a K6, which are scary sharp, hence a small cut bleeds like hell
a.k.a. The Professor (courtesy of Ryanol)
Collecting cuts since February 2013
http://www.youtube.com/mrriptide161
<<

jade

Post Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:10 am

I somehow manage to avoid getting bad cuts frequently, maybe because the knife I flip is so light so it doesn't bite into the skin a lot, but I did get a pretty deep cut on my index finger that would not stop bleeding and looked pretty bad.
<<

Riptide

Post Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:50 am

jade wrote:I somehow manage to avoid getting bad cuts frequently, maybe because the knife I flip is so light so it doesn't bite into the skin a lot, but I did get a pretty deep cut on my index finger that would not stop bleeding and looked pretty bad.

Stabbed my middle finger with my K4 attempting to do an orbit roll. Messy as hell, took like a month to heal. Really wish I had pics, and I learned the human body has ALOT of blood in it.
<<

edenavital

Post Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:53 am

Haha i'm happy i'm not alone,
My second cut was on my index finger !
My first cut was close to the nail, I thought it gone xD
I will post it later I g2g but i'm realy happy that i'm not alone... its not bad if I get too many cuts right? I won't die from overbleeding right? XD

Ohh and yeah... I learned alot about blood .. never thought so many will come out haha
I pictured my finger when it bleed, I might upload it later :)
Thanks for commenting guys
<<

Riptide

Post Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:11 pm

any time man, and if you plan on getting on the levels of flippers like C. Wigum, DCXXVI (626/honorher), Darren Terry, and all the other greats, you can expect to get alot of cuts. you should check out their vids, its some pretty insane stuff
<<

DCXXVI

Post Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:45 pm

My worst cut took the feeling permanently out of the tip of my index finger ... So yea im gonna say this sport has its hazards ... Its like a friend once said lol ... It comes with the territory
<<

Riptide

Post Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:59 pm

DCXXVI wrote:My worst cut took the feeling permanently out of the tip of my index finger ... So yea im gonna say this sport has its hazards ... Its like a friend once said lol ... It comes with the territory

i feel like the "it comes with the territory" part was from loosey. but yeah, this is a sport that encourages growth, and part of that growth just happens to include getting injured every now and then
<<

DCXXVI

Post Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:04 pm

Nah "it comes with the territory" is something jessica said t-mans wife lol thearon told me about it
<<

Riptide

Post Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:11 pm

ah okay lol

she is completely right :lol:
<<

Darren Terry

Post Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:40 pm

During my first few months of flipping I tried to show off my new BTB aerial to my mom. I remember feeling my hand catch on fire. It was because the knife went straight into my palm. I couldn't feel my hand for a couple of weeks. This was just my first major cut. As I have gotten more experienced over the last three years I rarely get cut but when I do, it is usually just as bad as my palm cut. MY POOR HANDS :(

Return to The Art of Flipping