FAQ  •  Czat  •  Register  •  Login

Getting good

Moderator: slashncut

<<

Tyler

Post Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:07 am

Getting good

How long did it take you guys to get good at flipping, and what are the steps a beginner (like me) need to take?
<<

hannam72

Post Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:06 pm

Re: Getting good

I'm not sure what you consider good, but you can look at where I'm at on my youtube channel and for each round of this years fatoc. I learned all the moves on youtube from cutlerylover and calvination. Then I learned to link them together to form combos. Now I just work on getting smoother and faster while learning a few more advanced moves from scattered tutorials on youtube. Everybody learns differently, but this is what I did for the past year(not too seriously) to get where I'm at now. I will say that practice is the most important thing. If you wanna get fast quicker practice more. Like while you are watching tv, practice, while you are listening to music, practice, just practice whenever you get the chance and you will learn much faster. Goodluck, and I would advise you get an actual knife at some point or make not of which side on your trainers would have the blade. It is important to know where the blade is at all times, and if you don't learn that way you are gonna cut yourself up when you get your knife and start carelessly trying advanced manipulation.

PS sorry I wrote so much, this is all imo and I hope it helps

Return to The Art of Flipping