FAQ  •  Czat  •  Register  •  Login

Finished product video thread

Moderator: slashncut

<<

slashncut

Post Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:05 pm

Finished product video thread

This thread is now the place to post your videos that don't fit the Training Sessions one.

Only finished products should be posted in here. This means high quality videos. Videos with new tricks or combo's are welcome, too. Keep in mind though, that quality is key, so keep your dirty laundry out of frame and your balisong in frame.
FATOC 2009 first place
FATOC 2010 first place
FATOC 2011 first place(shared)
<<

CalviNNatioN

Post Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:18 pm

Re: Finished product video thread

Cool thread! So No Tutorials, or reviews?
<<

Nardath

Post Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:43 pm

So like a pro reel thread. Good idea.
good place for vince to post his new vid.
ImageImage
Third at FATOC 11'
Looseyfur wrote:the lord satan invents all tricks then he gives them to top flippers in the form of superpowers to be manifiest into reality from the nightmare realm.
<<

sheneniganer

Post Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:26 pm

Definitely not the best but a good example at least?
6 Out of 18. What are you?
/ Rolling with the cutting edge of a new order.
<<

c.wigum

Post Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:58 pm

Some nice stuff there Shen. Stop practicing for a month or so and let me catch up. :lol:
10 out of ?.. Roll/.. ALWAYS!!! blow on the pie (safer communities together)
<<

slashncut

Post Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:53 am

CalviNNatioN wrote:Cool thread! So No Tutorials, or reviews?

wild idea but, put the tutorials in the tutorials sections, and the reviews in "the knives we flip" or "other knives" subforum
FATOC 2009 first place
FATOC 2010 first place
<<

Jflip65

Post Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:26 am

slashncut wrote:
CalviNNatioN wrote:Cool thread! So No Tutorials, or reviews?

wild idea but, put the tutorials in the tutorials sections, and the reviews in "the knives we flip" or "other knives" subforum

Heres an even wilder idea, no need to be a smart ass :stickwhack:
<<

FkeSpydrFly

Post Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:31 am

It's not being a smart ass it's stating the obvious
fke
<<

Nardath

Post Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:40 am

Good place to put ur young and reckless vid too there fke
ImageImage
Third at FATOC 11'
Looseyfur wrote:the lord satan invents all tricks then he gives them to top flippers in the form of superpowers to be manifiest into reality from the nightmare realm.
<<

Vincent_Dark

Post Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:11 pm

This is a good idea and i'm glad something like this is finally being considered and put up.

a couple suggestions you might want to think about and implement.

basically, the way we used to run it on the card forums was to have a separate forum for performance and completely polished videos. so like what you have done here, except giving it its own sub-forum so that each video has its own thread...this way, each video entered and all the comments on it will be contained in a thread..rather than having a single thread to house all the videos and comments together...this makes it much more organized to look at..especially when someone watches a vid that was posted awhile back and wants to comment on it even though there have already been 5 new video entries in the thread.

also, for polished vids or spotlight vids...we used to have the general sub forum for videos....and the only videos that made it to the spotlight vids section..were vids that received high ratings thru a 1-5 star vote system...and vids that got a lot of positive attention. a mod would then move the vid from general videos into the spotlight vids section since regular members were not allowed to post it here themselves. ultimately this would be the best way to do it..but since video production and quality is still a new prospect and still young in balisong videos..it wouldn't do well until the amount of highly produced bali vids becomes more abundant.

i do like what is happening so far...and i look forward to watching people push the limits with their video production and make a well executed and thought out polished video.
just remember, that just cause you did a bit of editing and threw up some titles..that it doesn't always make a polished performance video...its about the performance and aesthetics and presentation overall. lets keep things professional.
"Traveling at the speed of dark"
agent number 4..I /rollz for the lulz...a new standard has been set.
This message was brought to you by your friends, at the other side.
<<

CalviNNatioN

Post Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:32 pm

Bite handle makes a great point, Its like the cuts thread, the pictures just get lost through the comments and that will happen with the videos, and even if all the videos get a sufficient amount of comments, it will be too hard to find any of those to come back to.

Also reviews and tutorials could be boiled down into way broader categories. What Im trying to figure out more is that, is it just strictly flipping videos and manipulations or could we put videos just showing the balisong close up with no talking (show off type videos). There are plenty of videos out there that arent flipping videos and arent reviews but more of an "in between" as well as flipping videos that arent tutorials but are relatively close to them. like some of my earlier tutorials were basically tricks done over and over with no talking and if the word "tutorial" was taken out the viewer would think it was just a trick demonstration. There needs to be a more detailed list of what to submit and what not to submit. So before we let ourselves get all indignant on eachother, lets discuss what this thread really is about.
<<

droopdog666

Keeps Eyeballing Yer Sister...

Post Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:54 pm

Jflip65 wrote:

Heres an even wilder idea, no need to be a smart ass :stickwhack:

and yet, even wilder still, dont give the mods shit in their own sub-forums. :wtf:
Third Place - FATOC '09
Third place - FATOC '10

"vids or GTFO" since 2008.
<<

slashncut

Post Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:39 pm

CalviNNatioN wrote:Bite handle makes a great point, Its like the cuts thread, the pictures just get lost through the comments and that will happen with the videos, and even if all the videos get a sufficient amount of comments, it will be too hard to find any of those to come back to.

Also reviews and tutorials could be boiled down into way broader categories. What Im trying to figure out more is that, is it just strictly flipping videos and manipulations or could we put videos just showing the balisong close up with no talking (show off type videos). There are plenty of videos out there that arent flipping videos and arent reviews but more of an "in between" as well as flipping videos that arent tutorials but are relatively close to them. like some of my earlier tutorials were basically tricks done over and over with no talking and if the word "tutorial" was taken out the viewer would think it was just a trick demonstration. There needs to be a more detailed list of what to submit and what not to submit. So before we let ourselves get all indignant on eachother, lets discuss what this thread really is about.

hmmm interesting read.
I shouldn't have made this thread this fast, that's for sure. there is a bit of lack of action in the mod team, and I wanted to compensate that. My vision on flipping is far more different than I imagined.
basically, bitehandle/ vincent_dark's last video was the example I had in mind, and since there are, imo, enough other places to post other videos, I thought it was clear.

I don't really like the cuts thread, I don' really see why it should be in "the art of flipping". it's a good laugh, I agree, but it doesn't need much attention imo, we want to show our ability, not our inability

What I can do, however, let people post their videos, and I or Fke will put them in the first post of this thread. I don't think we need a sub forum for every type of video. If we continue like this, everyone on this board would want their own subsection, and every single trick would be stickied (the wiki still needs all of our work). it is a discussion board, not a database (in my eyes)

for tutorials, there is the tutorial collection thread(which needs updating I know). a clip where people show a trick, and then a slow motion is not a tutorial however, and should not be posted in the tutorial section, but in the large "the art of flipping one".

The purpose of this thread wasn't posted clearly, I admit that.But I don't see why people get their panties in a bunch because of my "smart-ass response". I thought this place was known for its atmosphere and loose banter...
we don't get indignant towards eachother because we know that people "fuck around" over here.
I hope no offense was taken

I'll post a more structured plan when I have more time

/unstickied and open for discussion
FATOC 2009 first place
FATOC 2010 first place
<<

echoshock

Post Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:34 pm

I feel that the purpose to this thread was obvious enough. I don't think that there is a need for clarification. Vincent's video was exactly the type of thing I thought this was made for.
I would rather drive to your house and beat your ass in front of your kids.- Loosey

"oOooOololoolikikikolollLOOoloOollllololol"- Nards
<<

c.wigum

Post Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:24 pm

echoshock wrote:I feel that the purpose to this thread was obvious enough. I don't think that there is a need for clarification. Vincent's video was exactly the type of thing I thought this was made for.

I concur with Master Echoshock.

And if it doesn't work, how hard would it be to change?
10 out of ?.. Roll/.. ALWAYS!!! blow on the pie (safer communities together)
Next

Return to The Art of Flipping