FAQ  •  Czat  •  Register  •  Login

Freestyle

Moderator: slashncut

<<

T-man

Post Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:33 pm

Freestyle

How do you do it? Is it just linked combos and tricks? What does it take to have a good freestyle?

T
:mrt:
" It comes with the territory." - Jessica
" :vid: <--- Cause that's how shit works here for everyone :stickwhack: " - Silent Jay
<<

baliFlip17

Post Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:44 pm

Re: Freestyle

i think its suppose to be doing a seris of tricks without thinking but i cant do that cause i just start repeating the same tricks over and over again because im not that creative. so i like to plan a routine of tricks and combos strung together which i think qualifes as freestyling. i could be wrong on this though.
<<

casper21331

Post Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:43 pm

baliFlip17 wrote:i think its suppose to be doing a seris of tricks without thinking but i cant do that cause i just start repeating the same tricks over and over again because im not that creative. so i like to plan a routine of tricks and combos strung together which i think qualifes as freestyling. i could be wrong on this though.

hes right were as it is combos and tricks strung 2gether but its not all w/out thinkin, its somewhat planned out, its all about variety tho

Knives and rock n' roll, all you ever need.
<<

Matnotah

Post Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:37 pm

what it takes is to develop muscle memory. Then it goes easy. In fact what you need is to free your mind and to let your fingers take the lead. But it only works when your fingers have memorized enough tricks and combo and there only one way to do so : repetition and repetition again. When you get that you don't need to focus on what you're doing, the trick is kinda automatically driven and you can free you mind to think about what you'll be doing next.
third at IBTC 2008
Second at FATOC 2009
In 2010, I kick your asses !!!
<<

droopdog666

Keeps Eyeballing Yer Sister...

Post Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:56 pm

i dont think it can be said any better my friend.
a routine is a routine, freestyle should be on the spot in my opinion. and just as matty said, once muscle memory kicks in, there isnt much thinking involved, it just happens.
Third Place - FATOC '09
Third place - FATOC '10

"vids or GTFO" since 2008.
<<

baliFlip17

Post Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:25 am

then i guess that means i have work to do. got to work on my muscle memory. yeah more flipping :D
<<

1974logan

Post Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:10 pm

its not so much just linking combos together you gotta get your own style going man if you look at any 5 top flippers each has there own style,
you just gotta find you groove and go with it dude :TU:
<<

Looseyfur

Full of Smiles and Sunshine.

Post Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:28 am

I dont do anything but freestyle. mostly when you see a vid from me and its not a single trick or combo its just the best bits from my freestyles. People have said to me do you really do all those aerials all the time when you flip... lets just say if you came to my house and watched me flip you would see a ton of aerials worked into my freestyle. That video thats like 7 consecutive aerials in a row is just a freestyle.

I dont think I answered your question...
:oops:
Loosey
"Loosey will throw down meat grinders in his wheelchair".
~Faultyply

Slaver: what is -=BRS=- ?
DeadPuppy: the future for balisongs

i blew the lid off of balisong-techniques.com!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
<<

T-man

Post Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:14 pm

I think you guys all pretty much answered my question. Thanks! :)

T-man
:mrt:
" It comes with the territory." - Jessica
" :vid: <--- Cause that's how shit works here for everyone :stickwhack: " - Silent Jay
<<

Bubbles

Now With Extra Fizz!

Post Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:54 pm

I do what i consider to be make-shift freestyling. Its basically me stringing the tricks i have on lock down together. The only problem is my transitions. I dont have enough of a trick catalog to smoothly transition between all my tricks, so at times it can get a little choppy. I just keep pushing along and pickin up new material. The way i see it, eventually ill have enough material at my disposal to transition nicely no matter how i land the previous move.
:: Nuke the gay whales for Jesus! ::

<<

feenxfire

Post Sat May 05, 2012 10:50 pm

Free style....

...why bump an old thread? Cuz T brought it up in TC. That's why, muthafucker.

Freestyle, to me, means.....busting out on the spot. If someone were to randomly walk up on me --in da strizzo-- cuz I have a bali on me 24/7 --fuck yeah-- and ask me to bust my shit out negro.....that'd be my freestyle.

....which would be all the moves I ordinarily use. Selectively picked for my "at-that-moment" freestyle A B C style construction. Maybe I'll throw in a few moves I don't normally flip 386 times a day, just to toss things up a bit. But normally it's:

A -> B
C -> B
B -> A
C -> A

or something.....with A B & C being whatever moves that I do everyday......ya know.

Freestyle...isn't some crazy shit I can bust out at any given time. Rather.....whatever I'm able to bust out at any given time.

:TU:
<<

Mittens

Post Sat May 05, 2012 10:53 pm

M-M-M-M-M-MONSTER KILL
<<

HollowPsyche

Post Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:10 pm

Just zoning out, and zoning into my bali being zoned out. Haha. I don't pay too much attention. Just kinda' let the entire thing work itself. Don't really know how to explain it now that I think about it... :lol:

Return to The Art of Flipping