FAQ  •  Czat  •  Register  •  Login

Yoyos...

<<

Renaissance-Reborn

Post Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:05 pm

Re: Yoyos...

This thing got derailed...

I looked up this guy named Eric Koloski. Seems like he's the shit at yoyo-ing.

Personally, I think yoyoing is relaxing while walking. Don't do it much anymore though
<<

Hotaru

Post Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:58 pm

Went looking for tutorials on how to do that stuff. Apparently, the yoyo isn't even attached to the string.
<<

Renaissance-Reborn

Post Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:02 pm

Hotaru wrote:Went looking for tutorials on how to do that stuff. Apparently, the yoyo isn't even attached to the string.

Yea, it's really weird. There's the yoyo, then an axel, then the string is attached to a sort of wheel on the axel. The string still spins the yoyo.
<<

Hotaru

Post Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:52 pm

Ah, nevermind I just re-watched the first video. I thought they were doing this:

That's what I meant by not being attached to a string. ^^
<<

Renaissance-Reborn

Post Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:30 am

That's sick shit! Now THAT I can see as a weapon.
<<

HonorHer

Post Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:45 pm

i fuckin loved yoyos when i was a kid i always wanted a sleeper but never got one :happypills: go yoyo :woot:
"How many human eyes . . . had snatched glimpses of their secret anatomies, down the passages of years?"

Clive Barker
"Books of Blood" FIRE643
<<

Hotaru

Post Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:24 pm

I just tried yo-yoing again for the first time in years...

Was able to land a few moves that were too hard for me in my earlier endeavors (Trapeze, and other string tricks)
But it is really painful. You have to get a really strong sleeper, and if it doesn't work, it'll snap back and kill your hand. I literally have bruises on my palm and my loop finger, after only a couple hours of yoyoing.
<<

Renaissance-Reborn

Post Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:38 am

Hotaru wrote:I just tried yo-yoing again for the first time in years...

Was able to land a few moves that were too hard for me in my earlier endeavors (Trapeze, and other string tricks)
But it is really painful. You have to get a really strong sleeper, and if it doesn't work, it'll snap back and kill your hand. I literally have bruises on my palm and my loop finger, after only a couple hours of yoyoing.

Hey, if you get good, throw a video up! And maybe wear an exercise glove with a palm pad? :lol: ;)
<<

Hotaru

Post Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:02 pm

I don't have a portable camera or the space to shoot a vid, but I've mastered a few intermediate tricks. I'm not sure if it's a curse or a blessing, but my yo-yo's response system wore out in like two days, so I had to learn how to do a bind return. It makes everything much more difficult, but it's cool if you flow into it at the end of a trick.

So far I can do:
Brain Twister
Split the Atom
(Working on) Atomic Bomb
and bind returns
<<

SheepSter

Post Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:47 am

Man i love yoyoing the most difficult trick was a combination of Atomic Bomb -> something i invited (propably)
Texas cowboy would be nice but you loose the speed at around the part where you swing it under your legs
50% Sheep
50% Madness
<<

penguinpanda0

Post Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:51 pm

haha I set the trend of yo-yos in elementary school.. you weret cool if you didnt have one. :lol: All i could do were around the world sortsa things.
Previous

Return to Flipping Everything Else