FAQ  •  Czat  •  Register  •  Login

Knife Throwing

<<

Vincent_Dark

Post Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:51 pm

Knife Throwing

I'm learning how to throw knives.....right now i'm using 12 inch hibbens and a mini ziel.
i have a triple set of 13 1/4 inch ziels and another mini on the way as well as jack daggers dvd.

anybody else into this?
"Traveling at the speed of dark"
agent number 4..I /rollz for the lulz...a new standard has been set.
This message was brought to you by your friends, at the other side.
<<

Sylum

Post Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:23 pm

Re: Knife Throwing

Very nice vince. Good accuracy! I have a cheapo 2 knife set I got from atlanta cutlery a while back that I throw around at work when we're slow. Being a cheapo set, they don't work very well. They don't really have enough weight to dig and stay planted.

I've been wanting to get into throwing for a while now, but I can't afford a good set of knives right since I just went almost broke on buying a (im sure people are tired of hearing me say this) BM42.

What Brand are yours? I'll look into it once I get a steady flow of income again.
Quintocer0s wrote:I've been told that I hit on my male cousin....

Looseyfur-I am impervious to conventional weapons

13 of ? What are you?

/roll if you have the balls
<<

Nardath

Post Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:22 am

Pretty cool vince. My old roomate used to throw knives. Always thought it was cool. I'll stick to flipping balis tho. It's actually hard to get into anything else these days, coz all I think about is flipping lol but yeah that's cool dude. Now put an apple on someones head and don't stab them in the forehead :lol:
ImageImage
Third at FATOC 11'
Looseyfur wrote:the lord satan invents all tricks then he gives them to top flippers in the form of superpowers to be manifiest into reality from the nightmare realm.
<<

taylob15

'flipping beast'

Post Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:02 pm

i have been tryin to get the no spin technique down havin a little trouble though
feenxfire wrote:now you know my power i will prove it no further

TSCKBTA
<<

sheneniganer

Post Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:16 pm

I throw knives...I have about 40+ throwing knives, two sets of 12 (cheapos i use for multiples), 3 or 4 high quality sets of three, several boot knife throwing knives, and three different style axes.

I am proficient with all. However, I have not thrown knives for the past 4 months due to weather/snow, since I have nowhere to throw inside.

Now I'm itching to break them out.

AND Nice work man. Its hard to tell from the video but it looks like you could improve your stance/footwork a little it looked like you kept shifting it which wouldn't help, that helped me a lot in accuracy and consistency. But a second look at the video it looked like your stance was pretty consistent.
6 Out of 18. What are you?
/ Rolling with the cutting edge of a new order.
<<

Walle273

Post Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:01 pm

I throw sharpened steel steaks (big steel spikes),works nice against cardboard but its hard to get a solid stick on any wood target end grain or vertical, so I throw in my basement at several layers of cardboard, I have also made some hira shuriken (ninja stars) and those are fun, you dont need any skill for them.
"FATOC is fun.
so are cartoons."(Looseyfur)
<<

Quintocer0s

Post Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:07 pm

Back in the day I had a mountain bike back wheel, with like 8 different sprockets on it. I took them out and sharpened them on a grinding wheel (if you could call them sharp) and threw them along with my four lil ninja stars. It was a lot of fun to be honest.
<<

Twinbalis

Post Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:45 am

Nice throws Vincent, Excellent accuracy and grouping,
I used to throw them when I was younger but I don't have any right now. I have been looking at some Hibbens to get back into it but I have no place to practice right now so it is a moot point. I think I might pick up a set here soon.
<<

Twinbalis

Post Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:43 pm

Has anybody here tried throwing Shurikens?
<<

Walle273

Post Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:27 pm

Twinbalis wrote:Has anybody here tried throwing Shurikens?

Yes, bo suriken are quite difficult when you are trying to use a no spin throw, the spining throw is just as easy as a regulare knife. Hira suriken are really easy and are very fun, just give it a good spin and all you gotta worry about is accuracy.
"FATOC is fun.
so are cartoons."(Looseyfur)
<<

Twinbalis

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:27 pm

I am hoping to pick up some Hibbens here soon for some throwing.
He has a great book out on techniques, choosing knives...etc. Worth checking out if you are new to knife throwing.
<<

Chiv

Post Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:57 pm

Nice vid man! I throw knives too :D
I feel bad for everyone who isn't me.

Return to Flipping Everything Else