penguinpanda0

Post Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:02 am

Fushigi Ball

What do you kids think?
<<

Silent Jay

Post Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:42 am

Re: Fushigi Ball

Fuck the Fushigi. But I've tried this type of stuff before. Pretty fun and not hard to get the hang of. Really any decent sized glass or metal ball will do the trick.
Image jay
Looseyfur wrote:...spouting his wacky charlie sheen warlocks speech

15 of ?
It's just how we /roll

<<

Silent Jay

Post Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:47 am

Also, just as a fun fact. David Bowie beat them bitches to it.

Just sayin'
Image jay
Looseyfur wrote:...spouting his wacky charlie sheen warlocks speech

15 of ?
It's just how we /roll

<<

theyreafterme

Post Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:37 pm

For anyone curious about it, the commercial is trying to sell this off as magic, but it's not. It is a skill called contact juggling which takes a lot of practice just like flipping. It's been around much longer than fushigi. It's definitely cool though if you can get good. I tried, but I suck.
<<

Vincent_Dark

Post Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:46 pm

props to theyreafterme for not believing the hype.

contact juggling has been around for over 20 years....fushigi infomercials have been around for a little over a year. and fushigi really is a tragedy and a spit in your face after a rape type of deal.
it would be tantamount to seeing baliyo commercials late at night trying to claim some new founded craze.

contact juggling in itself and when performed well, is the ultimate form of performance and presentation. it is self awareness of style and aesthetics.
as a past juggler, i dabbled in contact juggling about 5 years ago and found it extremely difficult and i found it be a self realization and motivation for influence and inspiration on the way that i tackled hobbies at the time, i.e card flourishing and then carrying on that motivation into the way i flip a balisong.
"Traveling at the speed of dark"
agent number 4..I /rollz for the lulz...a new standard has been set.
This message was brought to you by your friends, at the other side.
<<

theyreafterme

Post Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:55 pm

Thanks Vincent.
I also tried it before fushigi came out, but I never really got into it. The people in the commercial are wrong it's not that easy and they're marketing to the wrong age group because little kids look at it more as a magic trick. Once they buy it and realize you have to practice they get discouraged and tend to quit. If they went for more of a cool skill for teenagers approach, i think it would do a little better.
If anyone is interested, the guy in the commercial with the pony tail has actually been contacting juggling for a long time and has some great tutorials on YouTube. He goes by the name theamazingkenney.
<<

taylob15

'flipping beast'

Post Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:13 pm

my eight year old brother bought one of these thinkin it was magic and quit after about 5 minutes so everyonce in a while i go in there and do some tricks with it
feenxfire wrote:now you know my power i will prove it no further

TSCKBTA

Return to Flipping Everything Else