BM 42 : Craigslist 200 clams = Fake

Moderator: Bladejunkie

<<

djdieg0

Post Mon May 09, 2011 8:21 pm

BM 42 : Craigslist 200 clams = Fake

Update..this is a fake. sorry ya'll
- - --

I'm too new to balisongs to know if this is a good deal or a real BM.. but here's a link:

http://batonrouge.craigslist.org/spo/2368576777.html
Last edited by djdieg0 on Tue May 10, 2011 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am the wind beneath your wings
yelp: http://tgoe.yelp.com
youtube: SilverBackArmadillo
<<

spookyse7en

Post Mon May 09, 2011 8:30 pm

Re: BM 42 : Craigslist 200 clams

From the box I would say this is a fake.
<<

FkeSpydrFly

Post Mon May 09, 2011 8:34 pm

Its a fake, take a look at the counterfeit thread you can get them for 50 bucks.
That dude seems to be trying to pass it off as a real one.
fke
<<

djdieg0

Post Tue May 10, 2011 7:00 am

Thanks for the reply and pointing me to the counterfeit thread.

I have a Rolex watch I'm selling for $15 if anyone is interested ;-)

blessings to ya'll.
I am the wind beneath your wings
yelp: http://tgoe.yelp.com
youtube: SilverBackArmadillo
<<

savage12k

Post Tue May 17, 2011 8:54 am

Re: BM 42 : Craigslist 200 clams = Fake

I called that guy, and he claims that he bought the knife "awhile back" at a gun show, and paid $280 for it. He seemed genuinely surprised that it was a clone. I told him what to look for but he was not near the knife at the time. maybe he will lower his price after he confirms it. or maybe he will just try to sell his blade somewhere else now that he knows we know it is a fake...
Angelheaded hipsters burning for the ancient heavenly connection to the starry dynamo in the machinery of night... Ginsberg.

Ut in acuta!!!

"Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Steady, Steady is Fast, and Fast is Deadly." 1Lt Chong, 4/6 Air Cav
<<

CDR_Glock

Post Wed May 18, 2011 6:37 pm

Re: BM 42 : Craigslist 200 clams = Fake

savage12k wrote:I called that guy, and he claims that he bought the knife "awhile back" at a gun show, and paid $280 for it. He seemed genuinely surprised that it was a clone. I told him what to look for but he was not near the knife at the time. maybe he will lower his price after he confirms it. or maybe he will just try to sell his blade somewhere else now that he knows we know it is a fake...

The Chinese site lists the names of the people who bought it and the date that the order was placed. Since the ad is May 5th, he must be one of the first three who bought it from the US.

Regardless, if he really paid that amount, he won't sell it for less. He will just list it and maybe sell it with a genuine sheath. The dead giveaway is the box.

The quickest clue is a picture of the tang cups. The real one has a rolled groove. The fake is straight.also look at a picture of the spring latch. The real one has a curve and the fake is flat.

Return to Deal Spotting