FAQ  •  Czat  •  Register  •  Login

Dirt Cheap MTech Twists

Moderator: Bladejunkie

<<

Quintocer0s

Post Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:10 pm

Re: Dirt Cheap MTech Twists

Klockwyse wrote:I know the atlexpress ones are for sure not genuine, and although I don't have any experience with the mixcc twists I would find it hard to believe. Do you have a for sure authentic twist to compare it to?

No and I only handled one twist before, when I was in eugene for the ocka show. If you wanted to post a link to something to compare it to I'd gladly do so, I could even upload pics/video if anyone wants.
<<

Klockwyse

Post Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:34 pm

Quintocer0s wrote:
Klockwyse wrote:I know the atlexpress ones are for sure not genuine, and although I don't have any experience with the mixcc twists I would find it hard to believe. Do you have a for sure authentic twist to compare it to?

No and I only handled one twist before, when I was in eugene for the ocka show. If you wanted to post a link to something to compare it to I'd gladly do so, I could even upload pics/video if anyone wants.

I might be willing to send you a twist for you to find out.
<<

Viceroy

Post Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:13 pm

I'm also very interested in this.
<<

Klockwyse

Post Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:27 am

Okay, I'm sending him a real one so he can do a comparison.
<<

petrichor

Post Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:30 pm

Mine showed up today (so delivery took about 2 weeks). I found it humorous that the package contents were labeled "fishing tools". Took some photos in bad lighting:

I haven't taken out the screws to loctite it yet. I gotta go to the hardware store tomorrow.
<<

Wheelman185

Post Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:21 am

I'm about to get a Fake 42, 43, 40T, and a Twist in the mail from our Chinese friends across the ocean. I got my 43. Was shocked at the quality for how much I paid! I want to see if upgrading the washers, pivots and putting a tighter spring for the spring latches would be enough to make it near Kimura quality. To be the "Midrange" flippers that most new people like me are looking for.

I make enough money at the moment to shell out for a 32/51, 42, or a 62. Many peeps can't, or just won't justify 200+ on a quality piece of work.

I bought this knife off of Blade play, granted I was pretty hard on it, but this is what about 5 days of flipping got me from those crap Zymak(hope that's right) handles. This knife is a Jaguar copy. Which I understand a Jag is actually a Benchmade copy from back in the day. So it's a copy of a copy lol.

Blade Play Image

Cracked Handles

The Broken Wanna be Jag

I used to own 2 Jag Classics, it's a shame they are almost as hard to find as a BM4X. They were decent quality for 25-30 bucks. The first Balis I owned and stood up to all kinds of abuse. I always had to smooth out where the latch hit the blade, but still. Wish Benchmade would make that style again with a spring latch or have a latch gate like the 62, and make it affordable for entry level flippers to have a decent product.
-Wheel

Just started flipping? Hard to find decent Balis in the $30-$60 range? The Search Ends Here!

Don't hold out for a BM42! Take that $400+ you are planning on spending and go get in line for an Alpha Beast! You won't be disaponted!
<<

JJhamilton

Post Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:27 pm

I dont get it, 3 of those ccc's cost the same as a kimura.....save the money buy the knife once......seems like a no brainer.
<<

Wheelman185

Post Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:46 pm

JJhamilton wrote:I dont get it, 3 of those ccc's cost the same as a kimura.....save the money buy the knife once......seems like a no brainer.

I understand that now, but didn't take the time to check out this forum and others, plus watch vids of reviews and such. I just bought them thinking it would hold me over, I learned the hard way, just like everyone else prob will. Doesn't mean anyone can't try to make do with what you already bought.

I'm actually thinking of starting my own Flea Market knife stand with the BM, Twist, copies and such with upgraded washers maybe. The China Copies still beat the crap the other vendors will try to push. I can use the profits to fund my collection! :mrgreen: :TU:
-Wheel

Just started flipping? Hard to find decent Balis in the $30-$60 range? The Search Ends Here!

Don't hold out for a BM42! Take that $400+ you are planning on spending and go get in line for an Alpha Beast! You won't be disaponted!
<<

JJhamilton

Post Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:22 pm

Oh you bought these before you found the light.....well that dif.....i can understand that....hell ive bought a few bm 42 gold class in ccc's "before" i was 21.......carry on without anymore of my sarcasm......no but honestly unless you order some quality hardware from say knifekits or sim, its probrably just a waste unless you have a local place to buy them from. The shipping alone is murderous, and likley dollar to dollar not worth it
<<

petrichor

Post Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:12 pm

Just an update: the T7 Torx bit was the best fit and I loctited the bite handle but I couldn't unscrew the safe handle. When I would try to unscrew the safe handle the other side of the screw (don't know what it's called) spun around with it. So... you get what you pay for, obviously.
<<

JJhamilton

Post Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:29 pm

petrichor wrote:Just an update: the T7 Torx bit was the best fit and I loctited the bite handle but I couldn't unscrew the safe handle. When I would try to unscrew the safe handle the other side of the screw (don't know what it's called) spun around with it. So... you get what you pay for, obviously.

Try this, might work maybe.........open knife and squeeze handle hard together while using other hand to loosen screw......this might put enough pressure on the bushing to stop it from spinnig....works on kimuras. Good luck
<<

petrichor

Post Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:28 pm

JJhamilton wrote:
petrichor wrote:Just an update: the T7 Torx bit was the best fit and I loctited the bite handle but I couldn't unscrew the safe handle. When I would try to unscrew the safe handle the other side of the screw (don't know what it's called) spun around with it. So... you get what you pay for, obviously.

Try this, might work maybe.........open knife and squeeze handle hard together while using other hand to loosen screw......this might put enough pressure on the bushing to stop it from spinnig....works on kimuras. Good luck

That worked!! Thanks!
<<

JJhamilton

Post Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:34 pm

petrichor wrote:
JJhamilton wrote:

That worked!! Thanks!

Your welcome...thats what forums are for.........now get to flipping!
<<

petrichor

Post Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:25 pm

Just a heads up, the credit card I used to buy the knife had to be cancelled after multiple fraudulent charges totaling $1500+ appeared. This was the only thing I could remember buying that might have been shady.
<<

Quintocer0s

Post Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:48 pm

I used paypal with no problems.
Previous

Return to Deal Spotting