FAQ  •  Czat  •  Register  •  Login

group buys

Moderator: Bladejunkie

<<

JJhamilton

Post Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:08 pm

group buys

Just curious if anyone has ever approached bladehq or any of the other trusted vendors and asked about hosting group buys. If enough people sign up for a certain knife and pre pay for a considerable discount
<<

senseicharles

Post Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:43 pm

Re: group buys

I think that is a great Idea! If anybody gets to it before me please post here. I will look into it next week. :D
<<

JJhamilton

Post Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:01 am

Most forums I've been involved in could persuade vendors if enough members stepped up.....but if vendors agree to do it and the board shows no interest the idea wil be killed probably forever. If someone approaches a vendor there should be a poll taking to see what product the board wants most so interest will be found. The other deal is a vendor would rather have a mod approach them not a few post newb.........so would any mods like to respond to the idea
<<

JJhamilton

Post Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:36 pm

Looks like we are alone bro.....who were you thinking of contacting.
<<

senseicharles

Post Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:46 am

Well I have already contacted someone I know who reps Benchmade since I've known him for some time and await his response. Though I mentioned forums, my question was pretty general regarding group purchases since I have 3 martial arts schools with black belts who need Balis for their requirements.

Thanks for the input
S. Charles
<<

JJhamilton

Post Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:34 pm

Wow a benchmade rep, good connection. Might be able to pull something off with that. "IF" he agrees to some type of deal it will be interesting how many sign on in the forum. Did you propose any certain model...or leave it open.? :TU:
<<

JJhamilton

Post Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:36 pm

Oh off topic, didn't know any schools taught Kali.....interesting
<<

randomeguy

Post Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:14 am

Sounds cool let me know if this happens I might be on board depending on what you order.
<<

JJhamilton

Post Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:37 am

Haven't heard anymore from anyone, guess not as good idea as I had thought........it would seem it died before it lived....didn't even get a response from regular members or mods....we've been doing group buy programs at vfrd on motorcycle gear and parts for years....always been considered a bonus for bieng part of the community
<<

senseicharles

Post Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:53 am

I'm not giving up just yet. I'll keep you posted ;)
<<

JJhamilton

Post Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:06 pm

Thanks bro, your right shoudnt be discouraged....I'll keep on it too...going my local dealer tomorrow, we have a long history of him taking my $ and me smiling about it.....might be able to talk him into something.
<<

BritishFlipper

Post Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:08 pm

i would but im in the UK
Insert Witty Remark Here [...]
<<

JJhamilton

Post Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:03 am

So i have got a deal and we are ironing out the details with benchmade. I should have all the details by middle of next week ie: amount of people needed to participate, anount of discount, Eta and hopefully shipping. I rally need to have an idea of how many of you will be interested so that im not wasting my dealers his rep or my timevin setting this up . So please everyone leeave some response
<<

JAKMAN32

Post Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:21 pm

JJhamilton wrote:So i have got a deal and we are ironing out the details with benchmade. I should have all the details by middle of next week ie: amount of people needed to participate, anount of discount, Eta and hopefully shipping. I rally need to have an idea of how many of you will be interested so that im not wasting my dealers his rep or my timevin setting this up . So please everyone leeave some response

I would definitely be interested in a group buy my only question is how will they be shipped? Together to a member? Or to each individual recipient from benchmade? And while this may be a waste of time for u and the rest of us your dealer and rep shouldn't view it the same, any type of business is good even if the first attempt falls thru. But I myself wouldn't mind having another 51 :D But with a group discount I can justify buying just about anything from benchmade
-Jack
<<

JJhamilton

Post Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:29 pm

What i meant about the waste of time would be if i get everyone on board and only. 4 people agree to purchase........the rep isnt going to give a discount for for 4 knife sales....i dont mind spending the effort for everyone if i can get everyone a deal...and if this works more group buys would ne no problem setting up on the future...including on the 51 or any benchmade...can you relate??? Trying to get something going for this forum but i cant do it alone
Next

Return to Deal Spotting