FAQ  •  Czat  •  Register  •  Login

FS & FT Exiled, Cobra, Rising Sun, Kimura trainer, etc.

Moderator: Bladejunkie

<<

Bali_flipper

Post Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:52 am

Re: For sale, trades welcome - Exiled, Mtech, Rising Sun, et

I have had many balis, cheap and expensive, and few have had good lockup. the BM51 locked solidly open and closed. the kimura 5 used to but it wore out and now it doesnt lock at all. the B200 locked ok. But this FU42 has the strongest lock on any bali I have seen. I was shocked at how tight the lockup is. zero blade play, perfect handle play. again, the lockup is better on this FU42 than it is on my legit benchmade 51.
I am an American, and I fucking love America. That doesn't mean I'm a fat racist Redneck, there are stupid people in your country, too.
<<

RaNDEvo

Post Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:46 pm

Bali_flipper wrote:I have had many balis, cheap and expensive, and few have had good lockup. the BM51 locked solidly open and closed. the kimura 5 used to but it wore out and now it doesnt lock at all. the B200 locked ok. But this FU42 has the strongest lock on any bali I have seen. I was shocked at how tight the lockup is. zero blade play, perfect handle play. again, the lockup is better on this FU42 than it is on my legit benchmade 51.

I'm not quite sure what you mean about "lock"
<<

Caseychan

Post Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:26 pm

I think he means the amount of tension on the latch when the knife is latched open or closed.
<<

Exiled_ Dealer

Post Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:07 pm

Bali_flipper wrote:I believed you when you said the FU42 was a solid knife, but damn. the lockup is out of this world. even better than my 51. I'll be making more purchases from you.

Glad you like it! I love them. I have some new stuff, check out my youtube channel. Links in main post. I will be posting a new video in about an hour.
<<

Exiled_ Dealer

Post Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:07 pm

Outlaw wrote:Do you still have the Rising Sun?

I ran out but I just got more.
<<

DMSHA

Post Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:22 pm

Bali_flipper wrote:I have had many balis, cheap and expensive, and few have had good lockup. the BM51 locked solidly open and closed. the kimura 5 used to but it wore out and now it doesnt lock at all. the B200 locked ok. But this FU42 has the strongest lock on any bali I have seen. I was shocked at how tight the lockup is. zero blade play, perfect handle play. again, the lockup is better on this FU42 than it is on my legit benchmade 51.

How is lock-up important at all? I can see a slight importance in that you want it to stay shut while carrying it, but other than that why does it matter? I don't think I would want to squeeze any harder on a knife than I already do on the BM51 to open it...
<<

nitegaunt

Post Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:21 am

Re: FS & FT Exiled, Cobra, Rising Sun, Kimura trainer, etc.

When I saw the video reviews of the FU42 the most attractive thing about it was the latch. Incidentally, it looks like its probably the only thing made in the US. I liked the design a lot. A very good idea with the three position latch. I hadn't seen it elsewhere and it's good to hear that it lock solidly. I do like my latch to be tight on a bali. I like to do open locked stuff and it helps. For me it is an attractive feature to have a good latch but what turned me off to the FU42 is that the rest of the fit and finish was really lacking in the videos that I saw. The handles looked mismatched and the blade didn't seem to be of very good quality. I wouldn't mind those things if the knife was priced way less but for a bali in the same price range as the Kimura it looks to be of dramatically less quality in all respects.
Flip it like it's hot!
<<

scullkrusher

Post Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:43 pm

nitegaunt wrote:When I saw the video reviews of the FU42 the most attractive thing about it was the latch. Incidentally, it looks like its probably the only thing made in the US. I liked the design a lot. A very good idea with the three position latch. I hadn't seen it elsewhere and it's good to hear that it lock solidly. I do like my latch to be tight on a bali. I like to do open locked stuff and it helps. For me it is an attractive feature to have a good latch but what turned me off to the FU42 is that the rest of the fit and finish was really lacking in the videos that I saw. The handles looked mismatched and the blade didn't seem to be of very good quality. I wouldn't mind those things if the knife was priced way less but for a bali in the same price range as the Kimura it looks to be of dramatically less quality in all respects.

These are legit concerns but I think the polished brass handled version looks way better and when you're buying them from a dealer the prices are reduced then when ordering directly from assisted knife. I kinda think they should stick to the brass handled ones because they seem to be higher quality for the price. They also would catch less flack by being compared to 42 clones.
<<

Timothy

Post Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:27 pm

@Exiled I read from your post in another thread that the hardware of the Kimura Trainers are trash- would it be possible for you to link where to get the proper parts to replace the hardware and possibly what parts you recommend, or possibly even for you to install better hardware in the trainers and then sell it like that (for a higher price, of course)?
<<

Exiled_ Dealer

Post Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:21 pm

Timothy wrote:@Exiled I read from your post in another thread that the hardware of the Kimura Trainers are trash- would it be possible for you to link where to get the proper parts to replace the hardware and possibly what parts you recommend, or possibly even for you to install better hardware in the trainers and then sell it like that (for a higher price, of course)?

I have America Exiled pivots for sale. PM me if you're interested. When people leave comments it does not notify me.
<<

Exiled_ Dealer

Post Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:26 pm

scullkrusher wrote:
nitegaunt wrote:When I saw the video reviews of the FU42 the most attractive thing about it was the latch. Incidentally, it looks like its probably the only thing made in the US. I liked the design a lot. A very good idea with the three position latch. I hadn't seen it elsewhere and it's good to hear that it lock solidly. I do like my latch to be tight on a bali. I like to do open locked stuff and it helps. For me it is an attractive feature to have a good latch but what turned me off to the FU42 is that the rest of the fit and finish was really lacking in the videos that I saw. The handles looked mismatched and the blade didn't seem to be of very good quality. I wouldn't mind those things if the knife was priced way less but for a bali in the same price range as the Kimura it looks to be of dramatically less quality in all respects.

These are legit concerns but I think the polished brass handled version looks way better and when you're buying them from a dealer the prices are reduced then when ordering directly from assisted knife. I kinda think they should stick to the brass handled ones because they seem to be higher quality for the price. They also would catch less flack by being compared to 42 clones.

Subjective aesthetics mostly. I have aluminum, and stainless models exactly like the brass models you like. They are 1 week old. Nobody really knows about them yet.
<<

Bali_flipper

Post Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:09 pm

DMSHA wrote:

How is lock-up important at all? I can see a slight importance in that you want it to stay shut while carrying it, but other than that why does it matter? I don't think I would want to squeeze any harder on a knife than I already do on the BM51 to open it...

For the exact reason you mentioned. a knife coming open in your pocket sucks when you go to reach for change. the reason i like that it came so solid is because over time the knives get wear and tear, and they loosen up. since it was so incredibly super-tight new, now that it is worn in it still locks solidly both open and closed, whereas if it would have come brand new with just decent lockup over time it would wear down and not latch open or shut properly. :welcome1:
I am an American, and I fucking love America. That doesn't mean I'm a fat racist Redneck, there are stupid people in your country, too.
<<

Daffiestlime

Post Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:50 am

Still selling the Twists? I'll leave you a PM :)
<<

wannabe333

Post Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:16 am

stil got the brass?
<<

Weskebob

Post Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:57 am

Still got any of these?

$30 - Rising Sun chrome & red/black (insanely rare!)
$30 - Mtech Twist
$80 - Exiled FU42
$80 - Brass Exiled (sanded/polished)

Im interested
PreviousNext

Return to Want To Sell & Trade