Post Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:15 am

Suggestion...

...but first a question.

Let's say:

admin vs Any Takers We'll call this [1]

someone accepts and the polls goes up

admin vs feenxfire [passes] ladder match and we'll call this [2]

So....

When [2] goes up, what will happen to [1]? Shouldn't it be deleted since the challenge has been accepted and is no longer available to accept? It will open up the forum and allow room for available challenges to be posted up. That way we wouldn't have to rummage through all the useless challenges that are up there, ya know?

Does that make any sense?

And please....just post the two competing videos in [2] when it goes up.

-Stuart
<<

admin

Site Admin

Post Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:54 am

Re: Suggestion...

Hmm... Not deleted. People may still want to discuss a challenge after the poll goes up, or even after it's all completed.

I was thinking we could put the status of a challenge in the thread titles, but that would still leave things cluttered up.

I think instead I'll create subforums, and the mods could move the challenge thread around based on the challenge's status.

So... A challenge thread goes up in the Challenges forum. Someone accepts, vids are made, and they declare they are ready for voting. A mod then moves that thread to the Polls forum and sticks a poll in it. Once it's all voted on and done, the mods would move it into a 'Completed' forum (probably a sub-forum under the Challenges forum).

How's that sound?

Me, I'm gonna think on it a bit.
(aka brokenbrains)
<<

feenxfire

Post Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:51 am

Yeah, that's kinda what I was getting at. I just don't like the idea of having to shuffle through fifty old challenges that are completed and people are still discussing in order to find an open one. Maybe put "Pending" in the title [i.e. Pending:Matnotah vs Looseyfur ] if the challenge has been accepted but there has only been one video posted at that point in time.
After the challenge has been accepted and the polls have gone up, just have the video in the poll forums and move that challenged thread into that sub-forum you mentioned.

I think that will polish things out quite nicely.

-Stuart
<<

Looseyfur

Full of Smiles and Sunshine.

Post Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:06 pm

Stu-
I think that these vs anytaker challenges will fade away once there is a more established community. Brokenbrains and I both initally issued challenges open to anyone anytime in an effort to get things rolling. I think in time the challenges will be more like someone VS someone and that will be much easier to follow without digging into older portions of a thread.

we will see, and we are listening to all suggestions and appreciate yours :)

Loosey
"Loosey will throw down meat grinders in his wheelchair".
~Faultyply

Slaver: what is -=BRS=- ?
DeadPuppy: the future for balisongs

i blew the lid off of balisong-techniques.com!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
<<

feenxfire

Post Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:03 pm

Looseyfur wrote:Stu-
I think that these vs anytaker challenges will fade away once there is a more established community.

Loosey

That's a day I'm definitely looking forward to. :mrgreen:

-Stuart

Return to Rules, FAQs, and Suggestions