FAQ  •  Czat  •  Register  •  Login

Ladder Points

<<

c.wigum

Post Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:06 pm

Ladder Points

Is it just me.. but I don't get how the ladder points work.

Does the system work? Is there a system or is it based on a random number generator?

How are those people who have never been in a challenge for points ranked above those that have?

What about those that haven't competed for the last year and don't post here anymore?

Where has Nardath gone? He used to be on top of the Newb ladder but he's been removed. I checked the Primary ladder and couldn't find him on there... or is it their (never can remember).

Slightly confused..... please help.

If I've posted in the wrong section please redirect.

That is all!
10 out of ?.. Roll/.. ALWAYS!!! blow on the pie (safer communities together)
<<

FkeSpydrFly

Post Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:09 pm

Re: Ladder Points

Moved.
fke
<<

Silent Jay

Post Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:21 pm

Similar to this?

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2320&p=29277#p29277

I honestly have no idea how they work.
Image jay
Looseyfur wrote:...spouting his wacky charlie sheen warlocks speech

15 of ?
It's just how we /roll

<<

Jason

Owner

Post Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:48 pm

It's roughly 20 points won or lost each match.
It varies depending on WHO you win or lose against.

You win more points (or lose less) by challenging someone ranked above you.
<<

Silent Jay

Post Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:12 pm

jason wrote:It's roughly 20 points won or lost each match.
It varies depending on WHO you win or lose against.

You win more points (or lose less) by challenging someone ranked above you.

So, that's why on the newb ladder I was 8th where as just by looking at the record and points it'd look like 3rd or 4th?
Image jay
Looseyfur wrote:...spouting his wacky charlie sheen warlocks speech

15 of ?
It's just how we /roll

<<

Jason

Owner

Post Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:56 pm

Silent Jay wrote:
So, that's why on the newb ladder I was 8th where as just by looking at the record and points it'd look like 3rd or 4th?

Oops, the base is 15 - not 20.

Anyways... Typically, it only varies by a couple points either way, so I'd say your total is the result of something else.

For example, if you were in any challenges with 4 or more people, the results won't appear in the win/loss columns, but will appear in points. This is because such things have results like 1st 2nd 3rd 4th etc. instead of a simple win/loss, and there aren't any columns for that. This is what was decided on when the first such challenge was issued, and that became the standard.

Also, if you were reported for bailing on a challenge, it would have resulted in a large loss of points, but we've only had to do that once or twice and I don't think you were involved.

It's also possible that your record is supposed to have been 1-1, but the loss was accidentally entered as a win. Then the points got corrected, but the columns were not. I'll take a look at the old polls section to check.
Edit: err, 2-1, etc etc. (I need more coffee)
<<

echoshock

Post Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:47 pm

I normally don't get involved in thread necromancy, but I had an idea pertaining to this thread, and it is still up towards the top of the suggestions page.

Why don't we have a set of mods who basically organize the ladder, and update it a soon as they can after a match is over. That way the ladder would be as up to date as I believe we are going to get it, and it could eliminate many of the problems we have had before.
I would rather drive to your house and beat your ass in front of your kids.- Loosey

"oOooOololoolikikikolollLOOoloOollllololol"- Nards
<<

sheneniganer

Post Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:09 am

echoshock wrote:I normally don't get involved in thread necromancy, but I had an idea pertaining to this thread, and it is still up towards the top of the suggestions page.

Why don't we have a set of mods who basically organize the ladder, and update it a soon as they can after a match is over. That way the ladder would be as up to date as I believe we are going to get it, and it could eliminate many of the problems we have had before.

Too many cooks in the kitchen spoils the stew...
6 Out of 18. What are you?
/ Rolling with the cutting edge of a new order.
<<

Nardath

Post Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:01 am

c.wigum wrote:Where has Nardath gone? He used to be on top of the Newb ladder but he's been removed. I checked the Primary ladder and couldn't find him on there... or is it their (never can remember).

Dont remember seeing myself in any ladder lol but the ladder is a cool concept, but the arena is way bigger than just the ladder. just makes the challenge "worth" something. but if ur like me, your motivated just by flipping and getting better. dont need a ladder really. but its nice to have.. when it works
ImageImage
Third at FATOC 11'
Looseyfur wrote:the lord satan invents all tricks then he gives them to top flippers in the form of superpowers to be manifiest into reality from the nightmare realm.
<<

Jason

Owner

Post Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:52 pm

Oh yeah, speaking of...

The ladder software is a newer version than the database tables were created for, which is creating some quirks.
Happened last year when I had to reinstall all the software.

Anyhow, I'm gonna wipe the ladder and re-add all the matches. I intend to do that sometime between now and FATOC '11.
<<

c.wigum

Post Wed May 18, 2011 3:17 pm

Whats happening??? any progress on updating the ladders?
10 out of ?.. Roll/.. ALWAYS!!! blow on the pie (safer communities together)
<<

Jason

Owner

Post Wed May 25, 2011 2:27 am

Will be busy working on stuff (including FATOC prizes) for the next couple weeks.

If someone wants to help things along, I need a list of all the results of all the polls in the Completed Polls subforum, ordered chronologically, with each entry showing who won, who lost, and which ladder it was supposed to be posted in.
<<

Zach

Post Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:39 am

so u score points by doing random challenges and winning? what determines what ladder u get put on?
<<

HonorHer

Post Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:54 am

Zach wrote:so u score points by doing random challenges and winning? what determines what ladder u get put on?

you join a ladder since you are new and a smurfy noob at that you need to join the noob ladder you dont get put on it also when it comes to FATOC you just poat a video when it comes time for it and then you are entered in the polls but you have to post a vid for each round if you want a chance at winning but it has just passed so you have about a year till it comes around agian so get to practicing if you really want a chance in it our best flippers here usally take it with force
"How many human eyes . . . had snatched glimpses of their secret anatomies, down the passages of years?"

Clive Barker
"Books of Blood" FIRE643
<<

Zach

Post Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:18 am

so how do u join and how do i score points to move up the ranks?
Next

Return to Rules, FAQs, and Suggestions