FAQ  •  Czat  •  Register  •  Login

inactivity clause

<<

Looseyfur

Full of Smiles and Sunshine.

Post Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:25 pm

inactivity clause

do you think there should be an inactivity clause for the ladder system?

discuss.

and also discuss how you would engineer it, ie. dont just complain about the ladder provide actual suggestions to make it better.

OG Loosey
"Loosey will throw down meat grinders in his wheelchair".
~Faultyply

Slaver: what is -=BRS=- ?
DeadPuppy: the future for balisongs

i blew the lid off of balisong-techniques.com!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
<<

sheneniganer

Post Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:30 pm

Re: inactivity clause

By "inactivity clause" are you suggesting some sort of way to monitor or attach positive or negative sanctions to members for activity/lack of activity?
6 Out of 18. What are you?
/ Rolling with the cutting edge of a new order.
<<

c.wigum

Post Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:45 pm

In an ideal world I think that you should loose points if you don't do any challenges over a specified period of time... say 6 weeks? So eventaully if you do no challenges you will drop to the bottom.

There are guys in the top ten on the newb ladder who I have never seen post here since I have been around. They should be given the arse if you ask me.

Although if you implement that system someone needs to keep track of it which will be a problem. I think I've recorded 3 wins 0 losses on the newb ladder and the ladder has never been updated since I joined it.

I realise that Jason is a busy guy.... what about having another mod or an existing one to run it?

Something needs to be done because the current system is not working.
10 out of ?.. Roll/.. ALWAYS!!! blow on the pie (safer communities together)
<<

DeadPuppy

Post Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:54 pm

I agree with the chief here. The ladder should show people that are more current in challenges, that way somebody can look at it and issue a challenge against somebody they think might be a similar skill. People that haven't been in challenges for a while should mabye have a note saying "inactive" or something so people don't worry about them. It's kind of like when taylob challenged Knifezoid. He saw the person on the bottom...and we all know how that turned out.

Unfortunately "fixing" the ladder is obviously a hard task. The easiest thing that will help is having a moderator for the challenge forums that will keep up with processing points, like wigum suggested. It seems odd that all the subforums have moderators but the "arena" portion of the arena doesn't.
"The best thing about killing a mime..is that they don't make any noise. It's the ultimate silent kill." -Vincent Dark
<<

Nardath

Post Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:56 am

I agree with wigger and double penetration here, a mod only for the arena side sound like a good idea, but whoever takes that spot better be motivated and have loads of time on his hands coz she's gonna be a toff job to take.

And also this mod could be like a challenge cop as well. Like I'm sick of lookin at people not respecting challenge rules. Like freestyle timing or no editing means no editing, points should be deducted or something if you don't obey by the rules. Just an idea.

As for the actually internal workings of the ladder, man I'm like f4f here, I'm just sweat shop asian smart here. But Rejuvination of the ladder would be nice. My name in the primary ladder would be a start lol. Something that degrades ur rank with time is a good idea. Coz like right now slash doesn't have to do anything to be at the top. You should be working ur ass off to stay at the top no matter who you are.

But in the end I don't know. Jason will have to make the call but something def has to be done.

Out.
ImageImage
Third at FATOC 11'
Looseyfur wrote:the lord satan invents all tricks then he gives them to top flippers in the form of superpowers to be manifiest into reality from the nightmare realm.
<<

GreG

Post Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:29 am

I hope to not be out of this thread....
But,I think ladder records must never be erased ( for best Flipper )...may be another part named " records " ? with records of Matnotah, FeenXfire....Loosey :cry: ...and others great challengers who have been retired now ???
<<

Nardath

Post Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:37 am

That's a good idea Greg, have a All Time ladder and have a cumulative type ladder. That's def a good idea.
ImageImage
Third at FATOC 11'
Looseyfur wrote:the lord satan invents all tricks then he gives them to top flippers in the form of superpowers to be manifiest into reality from the nightmare realm.
<<

FkeSpydrFly

Post Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:54 am

IMO if you retire you should take yourself off the ladder, we all know that they are flipping gods what is a ladder going to prove?
I say we give those spots to people who are actually still active and earn it

No disrespect to Matty, Feenx, Jeff, etc.
fke
<<

sheneniganer

Post Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:28 pm

I think you guys are getting somewhere with the multiple Ladder Idea.

In an ideal world we could have a several Ladders for "wager points", for cumulative challenge record, and a individual flipper rating ladder (a ladder based on your challenge record, activity, and wager points). The only issue of course would be, who would run this? How would it be done do make it as un-baised and non-subjective as possible.

It would be possible to create a Flipper Rating(or standing) ladder that incorporates things like the flippers challenge record, the degree of challenges, the activity of the flipper, and the amount of wager points they have. I can figure out the mathematical function for it, and I have a friend that could write a program to easily calculate it for me. However, are people interested in this? Is this a good idea? Should we create a ladder for this, if so what things should it include as determinates?
6 Out of 18. What are you?
/ Rolling with the cutting edge of a new order.
<<

FkeSpydrFly

Post Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:31 pm

Sounds like a good idea actually but it's not us you have to convience on this,
Shoot Jason a PM and see what his opinion is.
fke
<<

Silent Jay

Post Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:39 pm

I think this could actually really help out with the ladder system as well as motivate people to be more active in challenges.

The main thing to also think about though is as already said, there would need to be someone else in charge of maintaining all of this. No offense to Jason, but there's just not enough activity from him to really maintain something like an inactivity clause (let's face it, everyone has an actual life to deal with).

I'm not one for creativity, so I can't honestly think of anything different that could help too much more, but adding even more and more ladders could make the entire process more complex which could lead to more problems. Now, if there's a way to make it all work out smoothly, that' be great.
Image jay
Looseyfur wrote:...spouting his wacky charlie sheen warlocks speech

15 of ?
It's just how we /roll

Return to Rules, FAQs, and Suggestions