FAQ  •  Czat  •  Register  •  Login

M-tech Twist Spring Latch Mod

Moderator: T-man

<<

jericho

Post Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:43 pm

M-tech Twist Spring Latch Mod

I have never had a spring latch on anyone of my bali's (Bear and Sons, Kimura). I have a Twist on the way and I was inspired to create mechanism for the M-Tech. I know how I am going to take care of that part. However, there is always a flaw when dealing with simply spring latch mods; the latch will be locked in a position perpendicular to the handle. Therefore, while flipping (main use of this knife) the latch will get in the way whilst the knife is in the open position. My best solution to this issue is some sort of makeshift latch gate on one side. I would appreciate any suggestions on how to construct this. Now I'm no knife smith so this will not be a professional job. My resources are limited so please be reasonable. Thanks guys
<<

uwanaugoda

Leaves dried blood on Kimuras.

Post Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:38 am

Re: M-tech Twist Spring Latch Mod

2 seconds of looking

FaultyPly- "My cocks breaks the glass in your optical lenses while I skull fuck you"
Crockus- "guess Im just used to "small things"
<<

tapuout2

Post Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:12 am

I have done this mod and it works pretty well. I had to grind my latch to get the spring in but that was it. 10 min total and that was waiting for the super glue to dry to hold the the end of the posts.
I hope that your ego isn't as fragile as your jaw.
<<

jericho

Post Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:53 pm

I've seen this vid. But the latch will get in the way while flipping, correct? I was looking for a way to make some kind of latch gate to stop the latch from opening all the way
<<

JAKMAN32

Post Sat May 26, 2012 5:38 am

You could put two springs in that counter act each other, this would give it the 42 style boner latch. Some grinding may be involved but should be simple enough.
-Jack
<<

JAKMAN32

Post Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:19 pm

since i had my twist laying around i decided to make a vid of the latch mod i did http://youtu.be/UuGt00HA5rk i can do a tutorial if anyone is interested. :TU:
-Jack
<<

Quintocer0s

Post Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:08 am

JAKMAN32 wrote:since i had my twist laying around i decided to make a vid of the latch mod i did http://youtu.be/UuGt00HA5rk i can do a tutorial if anyone is interested. :TU:

I'm interested please and thank you.

Return to Maintenance