FAQ  •  Czat  •  Register  •  Login

Washers for a Tsunami

Moderator: T-man

<<

Raikov

Post Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:40 pm

Washers for a Tsunami

Check this link so you know what im looking at http://www.knifekits.com/vcom/index.php?cPath=60_87_88
Im talking about the Phosphor-Bronze washers.

Anyway, i know it's the 3/16 inch one, but theres 5 different kinds of those, so i don't really know which is best. Are the Thicker ones better? As in the .5 x .197 x .2 washers?

And also, are phosphor-bronze washers superior to the others? according to KnifeKits.com , theres also nylon washers and nylotron, which i assume is a cross between nylon and teflon.

EDIT: And... i just read the site a little better. it seems that the ones i was thinking of ( the .5 inch outside diameter ones) were probably gonna be too big for a bali of any kind. and, i seen that the one right before it had the same thickness, so it probably doesnt make all that much difference which ones i used.

but back to my question, which one should i use? the big ones might be better, but would they stick out of the sides? and does thickness matter all that much? i like my bali's on the tighter side, so im guessing thicker ones would help that. as would bushings, but i have no clue how to use those.
You Play Sc2? Pm me. We'll get in touch :D

The world is our's to conquer, ripe for the taking. The beginning to the end of all. Victory will be sweet; Vengeance will be savored. The time for our reign is now.
<<

Silent Jay

Post Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:51 pm

Re: Washers for a Tsunami

PB washers are great for balis because they're naturally.. I guess lubricated, but they slide a lot better.

And lemme know how the shipping costs are on that because I've been looking into getting some... vut spending more on shipping than the washers would suuuck
Image jay
Looseyfur wrote:...spouting his wacky charlie sheen warlocks speech

15 of ?
It's just how we /roll

<<

Raikov

Post Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:54 pm

Lol, i just realized i meant to have a post on just one question, but i ended up adding waaay more. :oops:

anyway, so Pb washers are better. what size should i get, if i'm wanting a bali with little play?

The world is our's to conquer, ripe for the taking. The beginning to the end of all. Victory will be sweet; Vengeance will be savored. The time for our reign is now.
<<

Quintocer0s

Post Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:28 pm

If you poke around in the tsunami and typhoon sections they have the set you need with one of the knives, just sitting around in the section with like spare typhoon pats.

http://www.knifekits.com/vcom/index.php?cPath=1_28_221
<<

Raikov

Post Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:26 pm

iv looked at the spare parts thing, and those washers dont look right. and i have no need for those extra pins.

I'll most likely buy a couple of each kind, and use trial and error. theyre pretty cheap, so i should only spend 5 extra bucks or so on them. if anything, i can stick em on some cheap folders to help opening them one handed. should be able to reduce play, and still keep em smooth.

Thanks for the help guys. still need some info on bushings, but that sounds a little to custom for me to try. but who knows, i mught buy a few of those and see what i can do.

<<

DeadPuppy

Post Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:58 pm

it tells you on knifekits which ones to buy...
"The best thing about killing a mime..is that they don't make any noise. It's the ultimate silent kill." -Vincent Dark
<<

Raikov

Post Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:25 pm

DeadPuppy wrote:it tells you on knifekits which ones to buy...

Care to show me where? because i have yet to see it.

<<

T-man

Post Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:34 pm

:mrt:
" It comes with the territory." - Jessica
" :vid: <--- Cause that's how shit works here for everyone :stickwhack: " - Silent Jay
<<

Raikov

Post Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:42 pm

T-man wrote:Is this what you're looking for?

http://www.knifekits.com/vcom/product_i ... cts_id=492

No, not really. i know they have pb washers of that size, but would it make a huge difference in flipping if i got them thicker or thinner? i guess thats what im trying to say....

<<

Raikov

Post Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:20 pm

Alright, made a decision. gonna buy a few of each kind, and find out which one works best. i'll have some left over, so i'll use em for toehr knives. thanks for the help guys.

<<

DeadPuppy

Post Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:07 pm

"PBW316A = .330 OD X .197 ID X .O2 THICK (for DDR1, DDR3, Typhoon)"

That's the size you'll want, as that's what is recommended. I didn't see this when I ordered them though...I may have ordered the .005 washers because I got them and thought "holy crap these are thin." Regardless, whichever ones I got worked wonders on my Typhoon. It flips a thousand times better than it did with the teflon washers. Very little handle play as well.
"The best thing about killing a mime..is that they don't make any noise. It's the ultimate silent kill." -Vincent Dark
<<

Raikov

Post Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:26 pm

Alright, thanks for the info DP. I'll probably just get a bunch of different sizes anyway, since i can use em for other knives.

<<

Quintocer0s

Post Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:29 pm

the link I gave you was to the page with the pb washers that are for the typhoon/tsunami.

Return to Maintenance