FAQ  •  Czat  •  Register  •  Login

Bradley Kimura VII help?

Moderator: T-man

<<

Dudinkalv

Post Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:16 pm

Bradley Kimura VII help?

Hi guys! Been reading around alot here sice I recently started flipping, and I want to begin with thanking everyone for the educational and exciting videos!

To this point i've only flipped with a cheap non-brand balisong, and I liked it so much that I finally ordered a Bradley Kimura VII.

The thing is, when I got it, there is something wrong with it. When closed, the inside of the safe handle touches the blades side slightly, making the blade more difficult to open from that handle. In other words, it's really un-smooth when trying to open it up (this also made me cut my pinky really badly because the blade didn't get thrown out when trying a basic vertical opening, so i grabbed the blade that was still in the safe handle).

Any thoughts on how to fix this? Should I perhaps loosen the torx screw that holds the safe handle?
Please help me out on this one!
<<

Quintocer0s

Post Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:19 pm

Re: Bradley Kimura VII help?

Loosen the screw and set the blade right.

That being said, you should head over to the introduction section and introduce yourself, You'll receive a much warmer welcome than you would in this thread.
viewforum.php?f=13
<<

Dudinkalv

Post Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:25 pm

But I've heard that if you rotate the screws the backside also rotates, or is it easier than that?
<<

Balipino

Post Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:36 pm

I think you'd have to apply slight pressure to the pivots in order to unscrew them. Not sure though
<<

Quintocer0s

Post Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:36 pm

If you squeeze the handles together while your unscrewing, it'll keep the pivots from moving, just dont forget to get both of them loose before you take one out. And you haven't intro'd yourself either.
<<

Dudinkalv

Post Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:40 pm

Thanks for the tips guys!
Skipping over to the intro section now ;)
<<

Dudinkalv

Post Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:16 pm

Someone care to post a more detailed tut on how I should be doing this? ^^
<<

Quintocer0s

Post Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:29 pm

I'd gladly help you out, but I'm off to work. If no one does it by the time I get home Ill post one for ya, hopefully I can replicate it with my k5 (just got it today :D)
<<

Dudinkalv

Post Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:52 pm

Source of the problem found! It's not the fact that the blade was touching the handle! It's the fact that the joint itself (on the safe handle) wont slide properly. This is really weird, if I loosen it up completely it still has a hard time opening, and it's because of the joint. Tried to spray some silicone spray for lubrication, someone else who has some thoughts? :shock:
<<

Quintocer0s

Post Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:00 pm

take that handle off and clean it, then put it back together carefully, and when you loctite the handle make sure you leave some slip in the screw so your handle will move properly.
<<

Dudinkalv

Post Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:23 am

Did all of that, still not ok. I'm thinking its the disks between the blade and the handle that somehow doesn't slide properly :/
Sure, you can flip with it, but it's dangerous because sometimes the blade doesn't leave the safe handle, and if i then grab the safe handle in one move... well I think you all know what happens then xD

Thought I'll make a video of it so you guys see what I mean. It'll come up during the day.
<<

jbrandona119

Post Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:28 am

Have you tried contacting Bradley? Maybe it's covered under warranty.
<<

Quintocer0s

Post Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:57 am

Hmm. I'm not sure why you'd still have problems even after taking it apart and cleaning it. Yesterday after flipping mine most of the day it decided to lock up on one handle as well, and I just took the handle off (I really just wanted to take it apart) and then I put it back together and loctited it like normal and haven't had a problem afterwards.
<<

HonorHer

Post Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:20 pm

if your still haveing problems it could be because the metal was punched out incorrectly and the pivots holes could be crooked call bradley and tell them whats going on and they will either tell you how to fix it or tell you its under warrenty either way they will help you out in this time of need.......:D on a lighter note if you decide you dont like it and want nothing to do with it you can send it to me ill take good care of it :lol:
"How many human eyes . . . had snatched glimpses of their secret anatomies, down the passages of years?"

Clive Barker
"Books of Blood" FIRE643

Return to Maintenance