FAQ  •  Czat  •  Register  •  Login

hand made filipino balisong

Moderator: T-man

<<

theREALjamesbond

Post Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:33 pm

hand made filipino balisong

so ive got a handmade filipino balisong (well actually my dads) but its REALLY tight. so me and my dad have been putting mineral oil in it and workin it back and forth for a couple days now. and theres alot if black (grease?) stuff in it. and wev been wiping it off and just working it out.. is that bad? should we have been leaving that black stuff in there?
and no its not dirt. the knife is very clean
Fear causes hesitation, and hesitation will cause your worst fears to come true.
<<

GetTheFood11

Post Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:30 pm

Re: hand made filipino balisong

The black stuff is just from the mineral oil. Mineral oil stays "wet" unlike militec which will become "dry" after its dropped on heated pivots and left to sit. I would just get different oil because that "black stuff" bothers me.
<<

theREALjamesbond

Post Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:42 pm

na its not from the mineral oil. mineral oil is clear, like water. and the black (grease type shit) has been there since before i started putting oil on it
Fear causes hesitation, and hesitation will cause your worst fears to come true.
<<

Erenoth

Post Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:55 am

I'm not entirely positive what it is, but I've noticed the same in every single production knife I own. I'm assuming it's just a byproduct of the washers being worn in rubbing against metal, due to the fact that it usually goes away after thorough dissasembly and cleaning.
<<

FkeSpydrFly

Post Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:26 am

Moved.
fke

Return to Maintenance