FAQ  •  Czat  •  Register  •  Login

Kimura Washer Size

Moderator: T-man

<<

ShavingSharp

Post Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:38 pm

Kimura Washer Size

So, I made a mistake while I was loctite-ing my Kimura 5. One of the bronze washers fell out. I have turned my dorm upside down and cannot find it.

Can someone tell me which of the Knifekits.com washers corresponds to the Kimura? I know that the exterior dimensions are 5/16, and the hole is 3/16, but I don't have any means to measure the thickness (All I have is my tape measure.)

So, does anyone know the right thickness? Which washers should i get, because I know I can't go washerless.

Thanks,
Jeremy
<<

ShavingSharp

Post Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:07 pm

Re: Kimura Washer Size

Sorry for the double post - I'd still like to know the right washer for this knife, but I've managed to make a new washer - I had a washer of the same external diameter as the Kimura's from my Kershaw, but with a thinner internal Diam - A lot of work with a toothpick and some 220-2000 grit sand paper - Bam. New washer
<<

cja245

Post Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:04 pm

well the internal diameter is 3/16''. no idea the outide diameter. If i were you, though, i would just call kershaw and ask them if they would send you a set of washers. they are cool like that.
"I wanna stab someone in the mouth and tell em to "Taste the Rainbow" -MoreBeef

6th Place - FAToC '10
http://www.youtube.com/user/cja245
<<

ShavingSharp

Post Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:37 pm

The outer diameter is 5/16 - I measured both of those, my tape measure is accurate enough for that, I just couldn't measure the thickness

I'll probably drop Kershaw a line if I have another problem, but for now, I've made a new phosphor washer, replaced the missing one, put it all together and loctited it.

I made it just a touch snugger than I would like it to be, then left it to set - I figured flipping would break it in and loosen it up a bit more/make it glide a little bit smoother. That, and add some oil.

Cheers,
Jeremy
<<

Luke oX

Post Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:35 am

Kershaw is great about sending you free screws and washers, but they are terrible about shipping. I know me and one other person here have been waiting for Kershaw to send me a new latch screw for over a month. Its funny because they say it takes 1-2 business to ship, and 7-10 to arrive...

slashncut wrote:It's better to have flipped and lost than to have never flipped at all.
<<

penguinpanda0

Post Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:21 am

When I sent my Kimura in for repairs, it took about 4 months.. lucky for me, they sent it back with a sterile blade and a combination of silver and black screws. :TU:
<<

Luke oX

Post Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:23 am

That is WAY too long of a wait...

slashncut wrote:It's better to have flipped and lost than to have never flipped at all.
<<

Mittens

Post Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:32 pm

.330x.197x.020 for 3/16 pivot
<<

ShavingSharp

Post Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:51 pm

Mittens wrote:.330x.197x.020 for 3/16 pivot

Thank you, Sir!
<<

Luke oX

Post Sun May 01, 2011 5:36 pm

I did the exact same thing as ShavingSharp and my dad doesn't think hardware stores sell washers that small. Please help!

<<

ShavingSharp

Post Sun May 01, 2011 5:53 pm

Luke oX wrote:I did the exact same thing as ShavingSharp and my dad doesn't think hardware stores sell washers that small. Please help!

Hey man, if you look up two posts from yours, Mittens already gave the measurements. You can find the washers on this site

http://www.knifekits.com/vcom/index.php

Cheers
<<

Luke oX

Post Mon May 02, 2011 3:32 am

I found that site already. I'm not ready to sepnd $6 shipping for 50 cent washers. I want to know if stores sell them. Also if I asked for them from Kershaw, I don't want to wait two months again.

<<

Erenoth

Post Mon May 02, 2011 10:53 am

Luke oX wrote:I found that site already. I'm not ready to sepnd $6 shipping for 50 cent washers. I want to know if stores sell them. Also if I asked for them from Kershaw, I don't want to wait two months again.

Suck it up and spend the money on shipping from CKK. I've looked online and many, many other stores, and spent upwards of $15 on gas driving around to every independent/chain hardware store around here, including a couple Kershaw/Benchmade vendor stores, and could not find any bronze washers. When I made the purchase, I grabbed a few other things as well to get my money's worth (shipping was $13 for just the washers to Michigan). Their kits and accessories are top quality.
<<

MoreBeef

Beefin it.

Post Mon May 02, 2011 11:12 am

Erenoth wrote:
Luke oX wrote:I found that site already. I'm not ready to sepnd $6 shipping for 50 cent washers. I want to know if stores sell them. Also if I asked for them from Kershaw, I don't want to wait two months again.

Suck it up and spend the money on shipping from CKK. I've looked online and many, many other stores, and spent upwards of $15 on gas driving around to every independent/chain hardware store around here, including a couple Kershaw/Benchmade vendor stores, and could not find any bronze washers. When I made the purchase, I grabbed a few other things as well to get my money's worth (shipping was $13 for just the washers to Michigan). Their kits and accessories are top quality.

This.

Grab a folding kit or two and have fun. The lil assisted one is a cool little knife and it assembles pretty easily. Oh and did I mention it's fuckin cheap?
Could be worse...I could be on the short bus with the other donut punchers.
Well dingalingong my dangalonglinglong.

11th place FAToC 2010!
I got your ass next year cocksmokers!!!
<<

Nitelion94

Post Fri May 06, 2011 11:57 am

I love kershaw cs. The first time I asked for a handle screw they sent me replacements for them all in 10 days. The 2nd(sent the wrong screw but I got it in 2 or 3 days
Looseyfur wrote:
those who cant do... collect..
FkeSpydrFly wrote:
Guys!!! Im gay!!!!

Return to Maintenance