FAQ  •  Czat  •  Register  •  Login

what size are Tach Bali pivots and screws?

Moderator: T-man

<<

Ref

Post Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:37 pm

what size are Tach Bali pivots and screws?

hi i'm new in here and i know Knifekits.com sell pivots and screws assembly but i can't measure the pivot inside my tach bali because i can't unscrew it because the torx slot on the top of the screw just destroyed itself on first time i tried to screw it back ... i now for a fact that if i take it out it will be final and i won't be able to measure it since it will be destroyed ...

i really like the feel of this bali and the look... but those screws are so fuckin cheap... first try to tighten them a little and bam... round hole instead of a torx slot... i' still don't know how will i remove it ... with a drill? or just flip it till it fly open...

anyway here is my tach bali i bought a PVK ... if anyone know what size fits them please help me! or if any of you knows a suppliers for replacement pivots for these please help!
i have a kimura II on its way here but i don't want to put this one in the trash lol I really like it

http://www.knifezilla.com/catalog/10012 ... 0010.shtml

P.S: Sorry for the Double Post. I think I asked in the wrong forum part at first
<<

Quintocer0s

Post Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:32 am

Re: what size are Tach Bali pivots and screws?

Id get a dremel tool and cut a slot in the screws so you can take them out with a flathead. Then once they're out buy a cheap plastic caliper and take some measurements. Be sure to record them in a safe place because someone will ask the same question again!

On a side note a place of measurements wouldn't be a bad idea to have in the forum, or maybe the wiki?
<<

Bladejunkie

Post Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:01 pm

please refrain from double posting
3rd place OKCA 2012
<<

Ref

Post Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:47 pm

yeah thanks! the use a of Dremel and a flat head seems like a good idea. do you guys think the screws are universal? or i'll need to buy pivots with the new screw?
Last edited by Ref on Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Quintocer0s

Post Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:11 am

Buy pivots. Chances are the pivots are as shitty as the screws and will strip as well sooner or later.
<<

Quintocer0s

Post Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:14 am

You already apologized for double posting, no need to be sucking bj's dick or anything.

Return to Maintenance