FAQ  •  Czat  •  Register  •  Login

Any love for CHEAP blades?

Moderator: T-man

<<

jackdaw

Post Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:48 pm

Any love for CHEAP blades?

So, I have a small collection of knives, one of which is a cheapo balisong. It's all stainless says ROMO J-20 on the tang on one side and Stainless Steel / Japan on the other. The blade is etched with "Silver Eagle". Sandwich type with brass liners and latch. I started flipping about two weeks ago. I had to repeen one of the pivot pins but I think it's going to work now. Just one question, well two, How do you keep the latch out of the way when you're flipping? And how do you add a latch spring to a pinned knife?

Thanks,
jackdaw
<<

Luka

Post Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:06 am

Re: Any love for CHEAP blades?

jackdaw wrote: How do you keep the latch out of the way when you're flipping? And how do you add a latch spring to a pinned knife?

Thanks,
jackdaw

Get yourself a couple of O-rings. The kind paintball markers use work pretty well. Slide them over the latch handle and it should act as a latch gate. Works like a bomb on my jaguars.

I have absolutely no idea what your second question is?
<<

jackdaw

Post Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:11 am

Thanks, with that second question I was wondering about adding a spring to the latch on my balisong. It is sandwich construction, but with pins instead of screws holding the scales together.
<<

T-man

Post Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:33 pm

There're a few tutorials on Youtube for a spring latch mod for a Kimura. IMO it wouldn't even be worth the time or effort though, not for a cheapo.
:mrt:
" It comes with the territory." - Jessica
" :vid: <--- Cause that's how shit works here for everyone :stickwhack: " - Silent Jay

Return to Maintenance