FAQ  •  Czat  •  Register  •  Login

Bradley Kimura VI Screws

Moderator: T-man

<<

Millsy

Post Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:59 pm

Bradley Kimura VI Screws

Does anyone know the measurements for the Bradly Kimura's screws and the screwdrivers I should use? I want to take it apart but I'm afraid of stripping the screws.
<<

nitegaunt

Post Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:57 am

Re: Bradley Kimura VI Screws

I just noticed this post had no reply and even though it's been a while I'll go ahead. I use the Benchmade Blue Box (cost about $30) tool kit. The Kimura screws are torx screws sizes 6 and 8. To loosen or tighten the pivot screws you should hold the handles together in the open position and press the blade down on a table while turning.
Flip it like it's hot!
<<

Quintocer0s

Post Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:35 am

I'd say no one replied because that guy has one post, never even posted to complain that no one answered his one and only post.
<<

nitegaunt

Post Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:41 am

Well, if anyone else has the question then there is an answer i guess.
Flip it like it's hot!
<<

Dyslexic

Post Wed May 09, 2012 12:11 pm

Bradley Kimura VI pivot screws

I'm looking at pivot screws for my knife. One seems to keep binding. I've re-oiled it and everything. Plus, it's a bitch to get out. Only problem is, I don't know the pivot screw size. I've been looking around for technical spes, but they don't give the pivot size. So, if anyone knows the size, it would be greatly apprectiated.
"Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night. May becom a wolf, when the wolfbane blooms and the Autumn moon is bright"
<<

JJhamilton

Post Wed May 09, 2012 2:58 pm

Re: Bradley Kimura VI pivot screws

Call kershaw....... they will send it to you free under warranty
<<

Dyslexic

Post Wed May 09, 2012 3:06 pm

JJhamilton wrote:Call kershaw....... they will send it to you free under warranty

Yeah about that, I didn't fill out and send in the warranty card.
"Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night. May becom a wolf, when the wolfbane blooms and the Autumn moon is bright"
<<

JJhamilton

Post Wed May 09, 2012 5:22 pm

I did but they ask anything about it.....just give it a try all they can do is say no.....i wouldnt mention the warrwnty card if they didnt...anyway it goes to bradley not kershaw, but kershaw does the warrenty.
<<

Quintocer0s

Post Wed May 09, 2012 9:06 pm

I sold my k5 to my coworker and he lost a few screws, sent an email to kershaw and got a replacement set of screws and a latch. Neither of us knew anything about a warranty card.
<<

mahalkobalisongs

Post Thu May 10, 2012 4:38 am

Dyslexic wrote:I'm looking at pivot screws for my knife. One seems to keep binding. I've re-oiled it and everything. Plus, it's a bitch to get out. Only problem is, I don't know the pivot screw size. I've been looking around for technical spes, but they don't give the pivot size. So, if anyone knows the size, it would be greatly apprectiated.

http://www.kershawknives.com/contactus.php?brand=kershaw
Nardath wrote:i usually suggest people to learn less and master more

Return to Maintenance