FAQ  •  Czat  •  Register  •  Login

On the hunt for pivots

Moderator: T-man

<<

Ankan

Post Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:35 am

On the hunt for pivots

Hey guys, as the title suggests I'm on the hunt for pivots and screws for my BM42 Clone. I've looked through both douchenozzle and knifekits range of products but nothing seem to fit, I was wondering if you guys might have had any luck on finding pivots that fit.

<<

ash

Post Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:36 am

Re: On the hunt for pivots

<<

tboulay

Post Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:04 pm

So are these the same size as on a BM-4x? I'd love to order some replacement screws, a couple of my screws on my 46/47 have a tooth or so stripped off.
<<

Ankan

Post Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:04 am

tboulay wrote:

So are these the same size as on a BM-4x? I'd love to order some replacement screws, a couple of my screws on my 46/47 have a tooth or so stripped off.

Those aren't the same as on a real 42, The real 4x has 3/16'' pivots

If you need replacement parts for a Benchmade you should contact Benchmade. :)
<<

tboulay

Post Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:14 pm

Ankan wrote:
tboulay wrote:

Those aren't the same as on a real 42, The real 4x has 3/16'' pivots

If you need replacement parts for a Benchmade you should contact Benchmade. :)

Will benchmade actually sell sets of piviots etc.? I always assumed that benchmade would fix something wrong, but only if I sent them the knife to do it. Being in Canada; I'd have to make "special" (shall we say) shipping arrangements, and just assumed that benchmade would probably not want to participate in shipping one of their knives to somewhere that it's illegal.
<<

Quintocer0s

Post Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:04 pm

Ask them for spare parts, have them sent to me, and I'll send them up to you (you pay for shipping of course)
<<

Ankan

Post Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:20 am

Will benchmade actually sell sets of piviots etc.? I always assumed that benchmade would fix something wrong, but only if I sent them the knife to do it. Being in Canada; I'd have to make "special" (shall we say) shipping arrangements, and just assumed that benchmade would probably not want to participate in shipping one of their knives to somewhere that it's illegal.

Well I don't actually know, but if i remember correctly punching-out/removing the pivots voids the warranty so they might not be keen on sending you spare parts, But the fact that you live in Canada shouldn't matter since I've never heard that screws and pivots are illegal items :P, I'd imagine that finding matching pivots on knifekits would be easy since the 4x is such a popular knife, but then again what do I know, I don't own a real Benchmade

Return to Maintenance