FAQ  •  Czat  •  Register  •  Login

BM 32 Spring Latch Problems

Moderator: T-man

<<

Wheelman185

Post Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:27 pm

BM 32 Spring Latch Problems

Hi I'm new.....

Now that we go that out of the way.....onto the topic. (I did a search on this and introduced myself for you forum nazis out there btw) :mrgreen:

I just recently bought a BM 32 after reading and watching numerous reviews on the knife (I really wanted a BM42 or a CSAA). This one was in a store near my house for a decent price, so yeah.

After hearing all the woes about screws flying out and reading up on Bali Maintenance I used loctite on all the screws on the Bali, including the latch ones. I tried to find topics and/or videos on this specific Bali, but after about 30 min I gave up and decided to do it anyways. After 24 hours I tried to squeeze the handles (yes it was latched closed, not open, yes I know it doesn't spring when latched open) and the latch does not spring anymore basically making it a T-Latch.

Has anyone loctited their 32/51 and had this problem?

Is it an easy fix if so?

Any info and/or help would be greatly appreciated!
-Wheel

Just started flipping? Hard to find decent Balis in the $30-$60 range? The Search Ends Here!

Don't hold out for a BM42! Take that $400+ you are planning on spending and go get in line for an Alpha Beast! You won't be disaponted!
<<

JJhamilton

Post Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:32 pm

Re: BM 32 Spring Latch Problems

Didnt you over tighten the latch screw. Is the little pin that the cup on the latch hits to push the liners missing?????? These are the first thoughts that come to mind....first woild be is that little pin still there
<<

Wheelman185

Post Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:02 pm

Thanks dude! You're awesome, I loosened the screws a hair on both of them and that fixed it!

Once I loosen a screw after being loctited, do I need to reapply?
-Wheel

Just started flipping? Hard to find decent Balis in the $30-$60 range? The Search Ends Here!

Don't hold out for a BM42! Take that $400+ you are planning on spending and go get in line for an Alpha Beast! You won't be disaponted!
<<

JJhamilton

Post Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:16 pm

Technically yeah

Return to Maintenance