FAQ  •  Czat  •  Register  •  Login

Bradley kimura 3 Problems....

Moderator: T-man

<<

Dyslexic

Post Tue May 15, 2012 3:02 am

Should I have known this?!?!

Howdy ho fellow flippers. I have a Kimura 6 and for some reason the bite handle kept binding. Originally, I thought I was just tightening the pivot srews to hard. And no matter how much oil I put on it, it kept grabbing the blade. So I took the knife apart. And at the pivot points of the bite handle, the tips were closer together than the safe handles. So, I loosened one of the screws holding the handles together, and the handles separated more. I didn't know that the screws in the handles had an effect on the width. So, I just blade around with that a bit, and now it works fine. So, what I'm wondering is has anyone else had this problem, or heard of this problem? Thanks.
"Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night. May becom a wolf, when the wolfbane blooms and the Autumn moon is bright"
<<

Johnny Dobroboy

Post Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:52 am

Bradley kimura 3 Problems....

Hey, I have been noticing that there is a lot of posts about the kimuras, and I am sorry for adding to the growing piles of questions and wasted time: but I got my Bradley Kimura III about 7 hours ago and after flipping it for a couple of hours the pivot screw on the bite handle tighten up sporadically. I haven't loctited the screws yet but I have oiled them and had no success in loosening up the problematic pivot screw.... What I want to know is if anyone has had similar problems, and if so how did they fix them? :help: Thank you in advance if anyone replies :)
<<

T-man

Post Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:16 pm

Re: Bradley kimura 3 Problems....

Did you read any of them posts son? Did it get clogged up with blood or dirt? Have you tried loosening the screw? Do you have a loose screw? I know I do.
:mrt:
" It comes with the territory." - Jessica
" :vid: <--- Cause that's how shit works here for everyone :stickwhack: " - Silent Jay
<<

T-man

Post Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:33 pm

Merged something for ya. Might be useful info.
:mrt:
" It comes with the territory." - Jessica
" :vid: <--- Cause that's how shit works here for everyone :stickwhack: " - Silent Jay
<<

Johnny Dobroboy

Post Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:41 pm

I just finished tightening a couple of the screws on the safe handle, and one on the bite handle. I haven't seen any dirt or blood in on or around the pivot screws. My bite handle only sticks bad when I have to grab it to do a trick like the behind the thumb roll on calvinnation's first TF2 Spy video. Could it just be the fact that my Bradley Kimura 3 is sandwich construction? I'm sorry I don't know anything I am the literal definition of a newb. :?
<<

JJhamilton

Post Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:45 pm

Every k series i have ever seen except the k1 has had a little more wobble in the bitehandle than the safe...to tighten or lossen pivot screws, squeeze handles together as you screw...
<<

Johnny Dobroboy

Post Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:04 pm

Thank you JJhamilton, I think I'm going to take the knife apart and then make 100% sure that there is nothing in between the pivot screws. I will try holding the handles when tightening or loosening, I was laying my knife on the the table and tightening the screws on the handle. Thank you for helping this is a helpful forum and the people here seem nice :)

Return to Maintenance