FAQ  •  Czat  •  Register  •  Login

Tang pin replacement

Moderator: T-man

<<

carlosj116

Post Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:28 am

Tang pin replacement

I bought a counterfeit 40T to use when im out, as balisongs are illegal in the UK, and while scissoring, the tang pin flew out and i couldnt find it, how would i go about replacing it? Thanks,
Carl
<<

Quintocer0s

Post Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:17 pm

Re: Tang pin replacement

Get a nail about the size of the hole and cut it a tiny bit longer than needed. I think freezing it helps slide it in easier I'm not entirely sure about that. Then once you get it in, lay the tang pin on something sturdy and take a hammer and hit it a few times to make it bulge. Repeat for the reverse size. If it bulges too much for the knife to lockup properly you'll want to sand the nail a bit to make it uniform. You might be able to use a vise to set the nail instead of using a hammer, I've never done either of these so I wouldn't try it on a knife that wasn't a clone.

edit: this should be in maintenance by the way.
<<

T-man

Post Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:26 pm

Yup, vice will do just fine. Just don't crank too much, go slow till it's tight.
:mrt:
" It comes with the territory." - Jessica
" :vid: <--- Cause that's how shit works here for everyone :stickwhack: " - Silent Jay
<<

carlosj116

Post Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:55 am

Thanks, ill try it now, sorry about the wrong forum post lol, will be sure to post in the right one next time,
Thanks,
Carl
<<

carlosj116

Post Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:14 pm

just did it, works perfectly thanks, put a bit of blue loctite around it just to add a little bit of extra hold,
Thanks,
Carl
<<

BJEG

Post Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:33 pm

i found that spring pins work pretty well. i used them to fix my 2 cccs, i replaced all of the hadware with them(yes no more adjustments or tearing them down but i can flip them now)
they werent alway the perfect size but its easy enough to make work
BJEG

Return to Maintenance