FAQ  •  Czat  •  Register  •  Login

Bradley Kimura 3 tightening

Moderator: T-man

<<

mangledkangaroo

Post Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:37 am

Bradley Kimura 3 tightening

Does anyone know the size of the pivot screws for the K3? Im getting more handle play and im not liking it. So if anyone can tell me please so i can buy the right size. Thanks!
<<

Cpfrombv

Post Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:48 am

Re: Bradley Kimura 3 tightening

mangledkangaroo wrote:Does anyone know the size of the pivot screws for the K3? Im getting more handle play and im not liking it. So if anyone can tell me please so i can buy the right size. Thanks!

I may be off but I think it's T6 for the small screws and T8 for the pivots.
Mom told me not to run with scissors, but she never said I couldn't play with knives.
<<

nitegaunt

Post Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:18 am

That's right. I use the Benchmade blue box kit. It's a really handy, good quality little kit that is about 20 bucks if you look around.
Flip it like it's hot!
<<

mangledkangaroo

Post Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:28 pm

nitegaunt wrote:That's right. I use the Benchmade blue box kit. It's a really handy, good quality little kit that is about 20 bucks if you look around.

So the BM kit will work for my K3?
<<

nitegaunt

Post Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:45 am

Yes
Flip it like it's hot!
<<

Masharp81

Post Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:30 pm

or u can go to home depot and buy a precision torx kit for about 6 bucks. Thats what i use, and it works on all of my knives (kimuras, benchmades, ccc's, whatever) Unless you want to pay the extra 15 bucks so the case says "Benchmade" on it instead of "Husky" .. :P Dont get me wrong, i love benchmade and constantly mark-out to their knife making ability, but the screwdriver i use to adjust my knives doesnt have to say Benchmade on it. Lowe's also carries them, but there you will be looking for "Kobalt" brand instead of "Husky"
Hope this helps.

Return to Maintenance