FAQ  •  Czat  •  Register  •  Login

Latch wont stay closed, BM32 Morpho

Moderator: T-man

<<

towel28

Post Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:40 pm

Latch wont stay closed, BM32 Morpho

title says it all, the smallest touch will pop the spring latch open, lot of times it wont even stay closed for a second, idk whats wrong maybe the spring is too powerful, I just got the knife this morning it was used but in great condition other then latch
<<

Skaunders

f.k.a. DumbNinjaDude

Post Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:00 pm

Re: Latch wont stay closed, BM32 Morpho

I've never heard of that problem before. Could be it needs replacement zen pins or the nook in the blade wore thin. You could send it in to Benchmade and they'll fix it.
<<

Jason

Owner

Post Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:11 pm

I've heard of something similar happening with a 41, where the zen pins would get mashed to the point it wouldn't latch tight.

I've rebuilt zen pins before, but you'd probably be better off seeing if Benchmade will do something about it.
<<

towel28

Post Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:52 pm

Ya I would send it back to benchmade but I bought it used, didn't know if there was anyway I could still use the warranty, Id love for them to just check out the knife specially since I don't know what its been through.

I've kind of band-aided the situation by tightening the screw for the latch to where its just really tough to budge
<<

nuts4knives

Post Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:09 pm

I don't think you need a recipt or anything for bm warrenty work. I would give them a call. I'm thinking they will have you send it in so they can fix it.
<<

nuts4knives

Post Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:14 pm

No, I just talked to customer service and they told me the warranty follows the knife not the owner so that's not the issue. The question I have is weather or not you can send a Bali into them without being a Leo, military, or a rescue person because they won't send a switchblade back without showing proof and some states consider bali's to be a gravity knife and in the same class as switchblades. I heard switchblades can be sent in by a dealer if your not one of the above mentioned but me for example don't have a dealer near by. I'd call there customer service and lmk what they say about it because I just bought a 51 and would like to know if I ever need a tune up if I'll be able to send mine in.
<<

nuts4knives

Post Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:18 pm

Oops, didn't see that this post is a year old. Nevermind. If anyone knows the answer to my last post I'd still like to know.

Return to Maintenance