FAQ  •  Czat  •  Register  •  Login

Customized Twist

Moderator: T-man

<<

BJEG

Post Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:41 pm

Re: Customized Twist

ok ive done quite a bit of work to my twist but i still have more ideas i want to try.
im getting ready to order new hardware from knifekits but before i do i wated to figure out another mod so i could get all of my parts at once. what i am thinking about doing is getting something say 1/8" thick+, to make handle liners (instead of a 3pc sandwich make it 5pc sandwich handles) i hope everyone understands what im saying. at first i was thinking about g10 but then thought about how the tang pins may effect it(not to mention knifekits is out of sock) so i started looking at steel and relized that what i want is expensive(for me right now) plus i dont have the ability to heat treat. i did see the 410 stainless wich isnt too expensive but it is thinner than i wanted but that might be ok if i didnt have to worry about heat treating it.

is there anyone that can help me figure out what material to use or if i should scrap the whole idea and just get new hardware? thanks in advance
BJEG
<<

tornado9015

Post Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:35 pm

Just don't get the 5mm pivots from knifekits.
<<

BJEG

Post Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:47 pm

tornado9015 wrote:Just don't get the 5mm pivots from knifekits.

Thanks
do you know if the spare parts kit for the Typhoon will work
:oops: and whats wrong with them :pirate_SPANK:
BJEG
<<

tornado9015

Post Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:03 pm

I don't, but I wish I did. The M-tech uses 4mm pivots, you might be able to drill the handles and blade to fit, but I don't think there would be enough material left for the handles to be sturdy. I bought the 5mm pivots because I heard they would work, without even bothering to measure the pivots the twist used :oops:
<<

BJEG

Post Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:51 pm

the spare parts kit form knifekits wont work
i got dimensions from my knife now im having problems finding the right sizes
BJEG
<<

Bubbles

Now With Extra Fizz!

Post Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:26 am

Ima have to try that rounded spine mod on a CCC from my headshop... I keep thinking about getting one of those knife kits, but havnt decided whether or not to yet.
:: Nuke the gay whales for Jesus! ::

<<

tornado9015

Post Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:07 am

Bubbles wrote:Ima have to try that rounded spine mod on a CCC from my headshop... I keep thinking about getting one of those knife kits, but havnt decided whether or not to yet.

The rounded spine doesnt take much on 440, a bit harder on 154, but still doable. I do the shoe shine method with 100 grit sandpaper, if anybody knows of a better way that doesn't cost more than sandpaper let me know.
<<

BJEG

Post Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:37 am

i rounded mine but with a 'wavy' design (just goes back and forth) i actually did a lot to my blade now im trying to get a good mirror finish on it, i used a dremel and sand paper

i afriend of mine found some 1/8" thick material so i can make the handles wider and later on put bearings in it. i just need to find pins :nutkick:
BJEG
Previous

Return to Modding/Making