Post Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:24 pm

Re: Homemade Balisong

Pretty cool! Haha I think you have very good potential! :TU:
"Never Knows Best"
<<

Synergy

Post Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:19 pm

Am I the only one that thinks this thing is badass?
<<

c.wigum

Post Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:00 pm

Wow! I didn't see that coming. Nice job fella. I'll give myself an upper-cut for my earlier comment.

"i don't give two shits how my bali looks. it could have handles shaped like a goodamn cock and a blade made to look like a bird but as long as it flips well, aesthetics don't matter whatsoever."

Glad you didn't take DOA's advice and shape the handles like a goodamn cock. Not sure what a "goodamn cock" is or looks like but it sounds scarey...and well, wrong. He may be referring to a male Chicken, although that would take some exceptional carving on your part.

Bali's have a bad enough rep as it is without them looking like goodamn cock's.
10 out of ?.. Roll/.. ALWAYS!!! blow on the pie (safer communities together)
<<

DOA

Head in a French Puddle.

Post Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:09 pm

c.wigum wrote:Wow! I didn't see that coming. Nice job fella. I'll give myself an upper-cut for my earlier comment.

"i don't give two shits how my bali looks. it could have handles shaped like a goodamn cock and a blade made to look like a bird but as long as it flips well, aesthetics don't matter whatsoever."

Glad you didn't take DOA's advice and shape the handles like a goodamn cock. Not sure what a "goodamn cock" is or looks like but it sounds scarey...and well, wrong. He may be referring to a male Chicken, although that would take some exceptional carving on your part.

Bali's have a bad enough rep as it is without them looking like goodamn cock's.

no need to get up in arms. we have different viewpoints. i like a bali that flips well, you like a bali that looks nice. now there are some that make a great balance of both (e.g. balibalistics) but i prefer flippability as i am a flipper. aesthetics are for collectors. not my thing.
"Congratulations, you've just won a spoon-fed hooker killing spree!! forked hookers are ineligible."
-Jason
<<

PoIsoN

Post Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:23 pm

looks nice. I vote that the mods give some kind of THUMBS up options on certain posts... I liked what DOA had to say.
<<

c.wigum

Post Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:45 am

Ah! nope I'm no collector. Call me picky but I like both. I want a good looking knife that flips well. Thats not too much to ask for is it? That's where I'm at, at the moment I enjoy flipping a good looking knife. Maybe later on when I have been at it for longer my priorites may change and I might get into collecting.

You can't tell me that your first impression of a knife is not tainted by what it looks like. The next question you want to know is how it flips. Depending on how it flips may change your opinion or not depending on what you want the knife for.

That's my thought process anyway.
10 out of ?.. Roll/.. ALWAYS!!! blow on the pie (safer communities together)
<<

1974logan

Post Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:02 pm

dude the first bali you make aint never gonna look anywhere near the 100th.
So I personally think you should keep going, you will only get better an the look will too.
As long as the bali feels good to flip it's all good dude,
Keep up the good work :TU:
I'd like to see the handles rounded off and a nice metal blade dude :TU:
Previous

Return to Modding/Making