FAQ  •  Czat  •  Register  •  Login

Homemade Balisong

Moderator: T-man

<<

fishydude

Post Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:44 pm

Homemade Balisong

hey i just kinda finished this today i been working for a while. i kinda think it sucks but im gonna change that tomorrow. its a work i progress so dont yell at me about how it looks horrible. im gonna make it look better and flip better tomorrow. and it does flip, very well i might add for just throwing it together in a matter of hours. so what do you guys think, ill take suggestions into consideration. hope you kinda maybe like it. and yes it is wooden Purple Heart, in fact, and i might mill another one some other time, but that takes a lot of time.

<<

BYAKUYA

Post Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:42 pm

Re: Homemade Balisong

I don't want to be rude or anything, but that just looks like a tomato case thats been modified into something that is defenitely not a balisong. Instead of wasting hours on this, you could have been improving your flipping or something. I get that the guys around here are hooked on flipping and go crazy with nothing to flip, but shit dude that is actualy just a bit embarasing. Although i think it has potential. Upgrade the wood and focus on smaller details (eg. at least make the handles same lenght, grind down the wood and put some vanish on and round the edges of the handles) to make it more pleasing to look at. Or you could just get a balisong and flip that. Just my opinion don't take it serious.
<<

MoreBeef

Beefin it.

Post Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:48 pm

I think it's cool. I do note it is very much a WIP and hey, maybe it's a matter of goin with what ya got? Purple Heart is amazing looking wood when you finish it up, keep at it!
Could be worse...I could be on the short bus with the other donut punchers.
Well dingalingong my dangalonglinglong.

11th place FAToC 2010!
I got your ass next year cocksmokers!!!
<<

c.wigum

Post Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:59 am

Errr...Why???????

I don't get it, is it kinda like a modern art thing. Can you please explain;

1. Why would you want to make a Balisong out of wood (have seen them made out of paper as well on
Youtube, that made even less sense).

2. The tomatoe crate comment is on the money, what sort of comments were you looking for apart from the
obvious.

3. Seeing that you have gone to the effort, actually took photo's then posted it are you serious or just pulling
my whizzer?

I'm kinda disappointed and feel a bit cheated. I read your blurb, thought 'oh, yeah this sounds interesting, I'm gonna see something cool', then scrolled down and then bam! the tomatoe crate.
10 out of ?.. Roll/.. ALWAYS!!! blow on the pie (safer communities together)
<<

fishydude

Post Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:55 am

I don't want to be rude or anything, but that just looks like a tomato case thats been modified into something that is defenitely not a balisong. Instead of wasting hours on this, you could have been improving your flipping or something. I get that the guys around here are hooked on flipping and go crazy with nothing to flip, but shit dude that is actualy just a bit embarasing. Although i think it has potential. Upgrade the wood and focus on smaller details (eg. at least make the handles same lenght, grind down the wood and put some vanish on and round the edges of the handles) to make it more pleasing to look at. Or you could just get a balisong and flip that. Just my opinion don't take it serious.

i didnt think i would hear many comments other than this. but the handles are the same length,i gonna make it look good and flip better today. and i do have a real balisong and ive been flipping it for around five months,its a szabofly, and its a great knife. but ill post pictures of the finished product later.

1. Why would you want to make a Balisong out of wood (have seen them made out of paper as well on
Youtube, that made even less sense).

2. The tomatoe crate comment is on the money, what sort of comments were you looking for apart from the
obvious.

3. Seeing that you have gone to the effort, actually took photo's then posted it are you serious or just pulling
my whizzer?

I'm kinda disappointed and feel a bit cheated. I read your blurb, thought 'oh, yeah this sounds interesting, I'm gonna see something cool', then scrolled down and then bam! the tomatoe crate.

1. because i thought it would be cool to have a balisong with wooden handles, and purple heart is a hard wood and its acculy harder per square inch than aluminum.

2. i am going to finish it. and it is gonna look good but i spent three hours on it yesterday, im gonna spend a longer time on it today and ill make it look way differnt.
<<

c.wigum

Post Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:06 am

O.K, didn't know that.

I know jack about carpentary so can't help much, but can give you my uneducated opinion.

Once you shape the handles, perhaps use uniform screws and counter-sink them into the wood. Looks a bit Mickey Duck at the moment.

Are you sticking with the wooden blade? If so the profile it doesnt look wide enough. If you are serious about it, there are so many cool blade designs that you could do. My first impression of a knife is normally taken from what I think of the blade. At the moment it's looking like a Popsicle stick. It may be the worlds best flipper but if it doesn't look the part, what's the point.

Anyway that's my two cents. Keep us posted with your progress.

Good-luck.
10 out of ?.. Roll/.. ALWAYS!!! blow on the pie (safer communities together)
<<

CalviNNatioN

Post Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:13 am

I craften one similar to this in woodworking class it took me like a week so it was actually well made
<<

lrc^

Post Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:54 am

c.wigum wrote: is it kinda like a modern art thing.

LOL! So right!
<<

Synergy

Post Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:21 pm

No need for mean comments people =(. They don't accomplish anything.
<<

penguinpanda0

Post Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:38 pm

Its a bit rough around the edges, but for a few hours, i think you did decent. you didnt get the alignment perfect when you attached the handles to the blad- err wooden rod i mean.
<<

DOA

Head in a French Puddle.

Post Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:57 pm

c.wigum wrote:O.K, didn't know that.
It may be the worlds best flipper but if it doesn't look the part, what's the point.

Good-luck.

i don't give two shits how my bali looks. it could have handles shaped like a goodamn cock and a blade made to look like a bird but as long as it flips well, aesthetics don't matter whatsoever.
"Congratulations, you've just won a spoon-fed hooker killing spree!! forked hookers are ineligible."
-Jason
<<

fishydude

Post Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:12 pm

ok heres the kinda finished prouduct. it looks a lot better and it flips a lont better also. i think it looks preatty good. what do you guys think?

<<

DeadPuppy

Post Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:15 pm

Pretty cool man. Nice work.
"The best thing about killing a mime..is that they don't make any noise. It's the ultimate silent kill." -Vincent Dark
<<

Silent Jay

Post Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:18 pm

Waaay better than the original. Not a bad job man.
Image jay
Looseyfur wrote:...spouting his wacky charlie sheen warlocks speech

15 of ?
It's just how we /roll

<<

fishydude

Post Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:20 pm

im gonna give it a metal blade when i get back from my trip. and i might re-make the handles out of metal and in lay them with wood :TU:
Next

Return to Modding/Making