FAQ  •  Czat  •  Register  •  Login

Bearings on a Szabofly?

Moderator: T-man

<<

fishydude

Post Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:40 pm

Bearings on a Szabofly?

ok, so i noticed when i took apart my szabofly to clean it, that it has bushings inside the blade (if that makes sense) :? so any way, do you guys think it would be a good idea to replace the bushings with bearings? would it make any dif in the way it flips? thanks :D
<<

Silent Jay

Post Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:46 pm

Re: Bearings on a Szabofly?

Bearings would make it MUCH smoother. The only downside is you have to be more accurate with how much you tighten down the handels and they also require more matinence.

I've never used a balisong with bearings before though, so I can't really speak for them, But I do ha ve a few with bushings, and I absolutely love bushings
Image jay
Looseyfur wrote:...spouting his wacky charlie sheen warlocks speech

15 of ?
It's just how we /roll

<<

fishydude

Post Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:55 pm

i accualy found that hobby stores sell all kinds of small bearings, and when i went to one a few days ago i got a set of like 20 dif sized bearings i hope one will fit :)
<<

World Crafter

Post Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:10 pm

The thing about bushings, at least as far as I know (I've never actually handled a blade with bushings before), is that they extend a little wider than the blade. Because of this, you can tighten something with bushings as much as you want, but it still won't feel any tighter, because you're not squeezing the blade. If you replace those bushings with bearings, you lose that little extra space, and have to be careful of squeezing the blade hen tightening again.

And if that's not how bushings work, then it should be :?

Another problem you will undoubtedly face is the pivot pins wobbling around in the pivot, which is now riddles with holes between each bearing. That alone with turn me away from replacing bushings with bearings.

The only place bearings should ever be is the same place washers go, between the blade and the handles.
<<

DOA

Head in a French Puddle.

Post Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:23 pm

Silent Jay wrote:Bearings would make it MUCH smoother. The only downside is you have to be more accurate with how much you tighten down the handels and they also require more matinence.

I've never used a balisong with bearings before though, so I can't really speak for them, But I do ha ve a few with bushings, and I absolutely love bushings

when'd you get a bushing bali?
"Congratulations, you've just won a spoon-fed hooker killing spree!! forked hookers are ineligible."
-Jason
<<

Silent Jay

Post Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:34 pm

DOA wrote:
Silent Jay wrote:Bearings would make it MUCH smoother. The only downside is you have to be more accurate with how much you tighten down the handels and they also require more matinence.

when'd you get a bushing bali?

Spyderco uses bushings in all of thier balisongs
Image jay

15 of ?
It's just how we /roll

<<

World Crafter

Post Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:02 am

I didn't think the Smallfly had bushings. Can someone take theirs apart for science and see?
<<

Silent Jay

Post Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:02 am

World Crafter wrote:I didn't think the Smallfly had bushings. Can someone take theirs apart for science and see?

I'll do that now :TU:
Image jay

15 of ?
It's just how we /roll

<<

uwanaugoda

Leaves dried blood on Kimuras.

Post Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:04 am

World Crafter wrote:I didn't think the Smallfly had bushings. Can someone take theirs apart for science and see?

They do for sure
FaultyPly- "My cocks breaks the glass in your optical lenses while I skull fuck you"
Crockus- "guess Im just used to "small things"
<<

Silent Jay

Post Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:14 am

They're in both the trainer and actual one (just took apart the trainer for demonstration)

Image jay

15 of ?
It's just how we /roll

<<

World Crafter

Post Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:49 am

I'll be damned...

Return to Modding/Making