FAQ  •  Czat  •  Register  •  Login

List of Mods for a bali?

Moderator: T-man

<<

Ntgu91

Post Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:08 am

List of Mods for a bali?

I was wondering what other modifications can you do to a bali to make them better apart from the spring latch. I enjoy tinkering and am gona install one on which ever knife i get next, but am curious does anyone have a lsit of mods that can be done to a bali? thanks :mrgreen:
<<

Quintocer0s

Post Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:17 am

Re: List of Mods for a bali?

What ever your heart desires. :D
<<

MadnessLover

Post Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:52 pm

Well, you mentioned the spring latch. I think you could try putting in ball bearings instead of washers. On knives with teflon washers you could swap them out for PB washers. You could try replacing the scales. I don't remember who it was, but someone had his 51 modified to replace the G10 scales with titanium scales. Obviously this doesn't work on a knife without scales. I think someone else also removed the blue anodizing on his 51 and polished it to a mirror finish (I think it was a mirror finish...), which in my opinion made it look a hell of a lot better. You could putting a patina on the blade, or have the handles coated with a design or color.

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1691
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1869
<<

penguinpanda0

Post Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:23 pm

you could modify your handles and blade to incorporate IKBS or just have regular bearings... theres bushings too. some modify the weight using custom spacers.
<<

Boomaga

Post Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:07 am

penguinpanda0 wrote:you could modify your handles and blade to incorporate IKBS or just have regular bearings... theres bushings too. some modify the weight using custom spacers.

IKBS?
<<

BYAKUYA

Post Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:23 am

Boomaga wrote:
penguinpanda0 wrote:you could modify your handles and blade to incorporate IKBS or just have regular bearings... theres bushings too. some modify the weight using custom spacers.

IKBS?

Ikoma korth bearing system. Google has been around some time ya know...

Return to Modding/Making