FAQ  •  Czat  •  Register  •  Login

Kimura Bearing Mod

Moderator: T-man

<<

Mittens

Post Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:56 am

Kimura Bearing Mod

I myself own a drill press and have the correct size modified drill bit to do an IKBS mod on my Kimura II, but I was wondering if it would be beneficial or hard to control. I've never handled anything with bearings before and my Kimura has PB washers which already work great. I was just wondering if an IKBS mod would be worth it on my Kimura, lemme know your thoughts on IKBS, hopefully doing this mod will not ruin my duracoat haha

-Mittens
<<

c.wigum

Post Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:57 am

Re: Kimura Bearing Mod

I've never handled a Bali with bearings but have heard others say that they can be too smooth and hard to handle. Bushings are supposed to be better.

If you were going to try it though, I suppose a Kimura would be a good knife as it is solid and relatively cheap enough.
10 out of ?.. Roll/.. ALWAYS!!! blow on the pie (safer communities together)
<<

Mittens

Post Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:10 am

Thats exactly what I was thinking, i'm planning on customizing nearly every aspect on my Kimura to make it my own, but I wasn't sure when it came to bearings.
<<

Quintocer0s

Post Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:26 pm

If you do do it, be careful because the metal is already thin where the bearings would go, so you don't want to drill all the way through.
<<

Mittens

Post Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:51 pm

Im not sure if im going to do it, might be doing a bushing mod instead, but I noticed the inset pivot screws and I measured accordingly for the modified drill bit

Return to Modding/Making