FAQ  •  Czat  •  Register  •  Login

Polished Kimura Blade Spine

Moderator: T-man

<<

Mittens

Post Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:05 pm

Polished Kimura Blade Spine

Here's a quick video of my latest "mod" if you will, I polished the spine of my Kimura II blade to a mirror polish, check it out....

-Mitts
<<

Erenoth

Post Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:02 pm

Re: Polished Kimura Blade Spine

I've done the same with my Kershaw's, but find myself rounding the spine of every knife I own on a religious level. Simple to do with diverse grits of sandpaper and some elbow grease.
<<

Mittens

Post Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:41 am

I don't like rounding off the spine, I like the look of an edge, rounding doesn't look good to me, so I just polished it to a mirror finish instead of a rounded spine.
<<

Fargaminium

Post Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:05 am

Erenoth wrote:I've done the same with my Kershaw's, but find myself rounding the spine of every knife I own on a religious level. Simple to do with diverse grits of sandpaper and some elbow grease.

Is there anychance you can get it anywhere close to the quality spine on the 51/32? Plus, I think the Kimura's have enough of an edge without adding one to the spine imo :lol:
Muhammed Ali had it all wrong, butterflies sting plenty
<<

HonorHer

Post Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:56 am

Mittens wrote:I don't like rounding off the spine, I like the look of an edge, rounding doesn't look good to me, so I just polished it to a mirror finish instead of a rounded spine.

..... and how do you polish it ... i want to polish one of my knives and i dont know how to do this could you please tell me
"How many human eyes . . . had snatched glimpses of their secret anatomies, down the passages of years?"

Clive Barker
"Books of Blood" FIRE643
<<

Luke oX

Post Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:27 pm

That looks awesome. Good job. :TU:

slashncut wrote:It's better to have flipped and lost than to have never flipped at all.
<<

Mittens

Post Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:47 pm

Make a tutorial when I get my K5, I'm probably going to polish the whole thing so I'll tell you how when I get it, it's fairly easy to do, and I could probably round it off enough to the crown of the 32/51.

Return to Modding/Making