FAQ  •  Czat  •  Register  •  Login

FU 47 pivots

Moderator: T-man

<<

Stiches

Post Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:02 pm

FU 47 pivots

My Bali calls for 5/32" pivots that are 8.57mm long on the website. Then it says that 4mmx 8mm will work also.
Will they work even if they are not quite the same Legnth but close? This size pivot is not a popular size. I was also thinking of reaming my blade to 3/16, there seem to be a ton of pivots in this size.but again another question...what size reamer do I need to do this? Please help! I cant get any help here in Canada
Oh ya, what size pivot is it at my latch that one seems supper small.. :blush:
<<

DCXXVI

Post Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:07 pm

Re: FU 47 pivots

the same pivots you use to replace a mtech twists pivots will work in the channel style clones .. i did have a link i could have given you to them but it looks like knife kits is out of that part .. sry mate :/
<<

Jason

Owner

Post Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:34 pm

Stiches wrote:My Bali calls for 5/32" pivots that are 8.57mm long on the website. Then it says that 4mmx 8mm will work also.
Will they work even if they are not quite the same Legnth but close? This size pivot is not a popular size. I was also thinking of reaming my blade to 3/16, there seem to be a ton of pivots in this size.but again another question...what size reamer do I need to do this? Please help! I cant get any help here in Canada
Oh ya, what size pivot is it at my latch that one seems supper small.. :blush:

If the pivots are extra long, you can cut/grind them down to fit. I've done that many times.

To bore them out, I used a 3/16"... Can't remember what exactly it's called, but it has no flutes - just a pointed head. Makes it less likely to snap. Whatever bit you use, it pretty much has to be tungsten carbide.

The latch pivots on those should be 3mm - just a hair under 1/8." On Twists, I normally just ground them out a bit with a small dremel bur and threw 1/8" pivots in.
<<

Stiches

Post Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:47 am

Thank you so far with all the tips... Please keep them coming! I check often! :TU:

Return to Modding/Making