Masharp81

Post Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:09 pm

Re: CHALLENGE: SirBilliamBoyd vs. Masharp81

good job, buddy.. nice flipping.
<<

SirBilliamBoyd

Post Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:16 pm

You did good as well! I especially liked the thing you did there at 9 seconds. Haven't seen it before :shock:

edit:The video nazis are gunna come rip mine apart though. I experimented with videoing from the wrong side of my hand, and liked it, so it stayed :3
"Don't hurt yourself" ;)
<<

echoshock

Post Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:10 pm

Good job to both of you for getting your videos out there! Challenges are hard to get into, but once you start doing them it's a lot of fun.

M: Nice first video! You really got yourself out there, which is excellent. Overall, the only thing I'd recommend is trying to keep the knife from closing completely during a routine. Some of the moves were rough, but also you can't expect to be perfect the first time around. More practice, more improvement. One thing I try to avoid doing when practicing though: try to learn new moves AND clean up your old ones. Otherwise I tend to get stuck in the same old few moves, and I feel like it helps me smooth out the problems faster anyway.

SBB: The video quality of this was very good. Especially for your second video. The only thing I'd change is trying to get a cleaner background. In fact, Vincent Dark (bitehandle, on youtube) has really good advice on what you can do to improve video quality. A lot of your problem was similar to M's, you just need to clean up your moves. One thing though that really will help though would be reducing your arm movement, which I try to work on by only using my wrist and hand rather than my whole arm.

I went with SBB, but good job to both of you.
I would rather drive to your house and beat your ass in front of your kids.- Loosey

"oOooOololoolikikikolollLOOoloOollllololol"- Nards
<<

SirBilliamBoyd

Post Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:29 pm

echoshock wrote:Good job to both of you for getting your videos out there! Challenges are hard to get into, but once you start doing them it's a lot of fun.

M: Nice first video! You really got yourself out there, which is excellent. Overall, the only thing I'd recommend is trying to keep the knife from closing completely during a routine. Some of the moves were rough, but also you can't expect to be perfect the first time around. More practice, more improvement. One thing I try to avoid doing when practicing though: try to learn new moves AND clean up your old ones. Otherwise I tend to get stuck in the same old few moves, and I feel like it helps me smooth out the problems faster anyway.

SBB: The video quality of this was very good. Especially for your second video. The only thing I'd change is trying to get a cleaner background. In fact, Vincent Dark (bitehandle, on youtube) has really good advice on what you can do to improve video quality. A lot of your problem was similar to M's, you just need to clean up your moves. One thing though that really will help though would be reducing your arm movement, which I try to work on by only using my wrist and hand rather than my whole arm.

I went with SBB, but good job to both of you.

Thanks for the tips! I'm definitely trying to clean up what I know so far. When flipping that knife I feel like I need to apply a lot of force for it to flip correctly, but I'll work on that as well! :TU:
"Don't hurt yourself" ;)
<<

KennyKester

Post Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:27 pm

Went with SBB. I felt like your combos had a little more variety. You both need to tone down your arm movement a tad, but other than that good job guys.
My name isn't even Kenny MUHAHAHA!!!
<<

SirBilliamBoyd

Post Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:33 pm

KennyKester wrote:Went with SBB. I felt like your combos had a little more variety. You both need to tone down your arm movement a tad, but other than that good job guys.

Thanks for the pointer, I've been working on it since this video actually, and It's looking a lot better :D
"Don't hurt yourself" ;)

Return to Polls and Results