FAQ  •  Czat  •  Register  •  Login

Vertical Charlie Chaplin???

Moderator: slashncut

<<

boomtnt

Post Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:57 pm

Vertical Charlie Chaplin???

Hi, I see in some clip that there is vertical charlie chaplin, any suggestion, tutorial for this move? Thanks :?: :?: :?: :?:
<<

FkeSpydrFly

Post Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:32 pm

Re: Vertical Charlie Chaplin???

do a chaplin but instead of doing it regular try verticle?? :lol:
fke
<<

DeadPuppy

Post Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:34 pm

FkeSpydrFly wrote:do a chaplin but instead of doing it regular try verticle?? :lol:

Oooohhhh so THAT'S how you do it?!! I never would have guessed.
"The best thing about killing a mime..is that they don't make any noise. It's the ultimate silent kill." -Vincent Dark
<<

boomtnt

Post Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:53 pm

lmao, i need better explaination than that :lol:
but still im trying :D
<<

Silent Jay

Post Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:06 pm

boomtnt wrote:lmao, i need better explaination than that :lol:

Honestly though, Fke has basically the best explination.

If you're looking for a trick to learning it. I personally just would to chaplins and start to turn my arm/hand during the chaplin to make it vertical
Image jay
Looseyfur wrote:...spouting his wacky charlie sheen warlocks speech

15 of ?
It's just how we /roll

<<

takeiteazy3

Post Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:14 pm

Once you have the regular chaplins down, vertical shouldn't be that challenging.

What part is hard about the vertical chaplins for you?
Image http://www.youtube.com/user/TakeItEazy3
I am number 17 out of ???
<<

boomtnt

Post Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:42 pm

takeiteazy3 wrote:

Once you have the regular chaplins down, vertical shouldn't be that challenging.

What part is hard about the vertical chaplins for you?

i can only one rotation at a time now, trying to make continuously :)
<<

GetTheFood11

Post Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:20 pm

I know this is an oldish thread, but I figured I would just post here instead of making a new one. Anyway, for some reason I can't get vertical chaplins for the life of me. It's weird because I can do 0g chaplins fine. Is the motion different?
<<

sheneniganer

Post Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:49 pm

GetTheFood11 wrote:I know this is an oldish thread, but I figured I would just post here instead of making a new one. Anyway, for some reason I can't get vertical chaplins for the life of me. It's weird because I can do 0g chaplins fine. Is the motion different?

I can't do Zero G's that good, I mean I can do them but they aren't my thing so I don't practice them, but for me I do all my chaplins the same way, all it is is a different feel. Its trial and error, but you might not be rotating it quick enough.
6 Out of 18. What are you?
/ Rolling with the cutting edge of a new order.
<<

GetTheFood11

Post Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:18 pm

Hmm yeah that's weird because I'm good at 0g chaplins. I will just try rotating it faster.
<<

Boomaga

Post Fri May 06, 2011 11:29 pm

if you can do a full twirl with a mixed in rollover (i think CL made a vid on it) you can practice getting the circular motion down perfect.

attempt rollover and see if you can get another smoothly then back in to full twirls.

rinse and repeat until satisfied or you quit.
<<

pygmy_marmoset

Post Fri May 06, 2011 11:42 pm

Vertical Chaplins are something I struggle with as well. I can do regular and zero-g Chaplins fine. And I am talking about completely vertical here, some people think they can do vertical Chaplins when in reality they have their hand tilted slightly upwards. Also, with vertical Chaplins it also seems like a lot of people can do a few but when it gets to around three or four they make this strange movement with their entire arm. Look at Brokenhorn90's tutorial on Trinity, which features three vertical Chaplins around the middle finger, to see what I mean.

It would be cool if someone could make a video just doing a series of 20 or so completely vertical Chaplins, just to show it can be done continuously.
<<

Nardath

Post Sat May 07, 2011 6:09 am

This is a good way to learn
ImageImage
Third at FATOC 11'
Looseyfur wrote:the lord satan invents all tricks then he gives them to top flippers in the form of superpowers to be manifiest into reality from the nightmare realm.
<<

pygmy_marmoset

Post Sat May 07, 2011 7:12 pm

Yes, except Entropy only does one or two there, and even then it seems like his hand starts tilting upward.

Knifezoid once said when I asked about vertical chaplins that he doesn't do them completely vertical but has a 25-35 degree tilt.

With normal and zero-g chaplins someone can keep doing them continuously until their hand gets tired. Some people have said the same applies to vertical Chaplins, however the most vertical chaplins I've seen anyone do at once is Slash n' Cut in his God Y2K video, and he is switching fingers so it's not really like a continuous vertical chaplin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjrzYlpkurs

I would love to see someone post a video of themselves doing a series of ten or more completely vertical chaplins around the same finger. Right now I suspect vertical Chaplins can only be done up to 3 or 4 times OR require a slight horizontal tilt to the hand. I hope someone can prove me wrong here..
<<

DeadPuppy

Post Sat May 07, 2011 9:18 pm

Vertical chaplins are 18719834712 easier than zero g chaplins (at least for me). The reason you don't see people doing more than 3 or 4 of them is because it gets boring to watch, REAL fast.
"The best thing about killing a mime..is that they don't make any noise. It's the ultimate silent kill." -Vincent Dark
Next

Return to Flipping Tutorials