FAQ  •  Czat  •  Register  •  Login

Throwing knives

<<

1974logan

Post Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:11 pm

Knife Throwing

As some of you know i dabble in the odd knifethrowing session.
So I'd thought i'd post up my latest vid.
<<

GreG

Post Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:26 pm

Re: Knife Throwing

Top cool my friend. :o
<<

Otter

Post Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:22 pm

Would be awesome if you had the camera up close to your target board so we could see the impact :) But otherwise, very cool! :TU:
"OTTER IS FUCKING FUNNY>>> HE SHOUD POST MORE..."
-Looseyfur
<<

Matnotah

Post Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:16 am

Cool dude !
third at IBTC 2008
Second at FATOC 2009
In 2010, I kick your asses !!!
<<

1974logan

Post Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:41 am

Otter wrote:Would be awesome if you had the camera up close to your target board so we could see the impact :) But otherwise, very cool! :TU:

noted my friend! I'm trying to get hold of some zombie targets to throw at.
The satisfaction of putting one right between the eyes is to much to resist :lol:
I'll definately get a close up then :TU:
<<

BenLankford

Post Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:51 am

I used to throw but I have lost both of my throwers, when I sharpened up my friends Glock feild knife I threw that around a bit but I need to pick me up some throwers and get back into that.
<<

Renaissance-Reborn

Post Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:10 pm

I love to throw knives. i've only got one well balanced one, but I prefer normal steak knives. Better training for self defense. Good real life situation tests. Note though, you have to be really proficient to actually resort to using knife throwing for self defense. I am not yet, but I'll get there. Keep it up Logan!!!

btw how far do you throw from normally?
<<

1974logan

Post Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:20 am

I've tried throwing from all ranges upto 15 meters but my most success
and accuracy comes from 6 to 4 meter ranges i can pretty much land most knives from that range :TU:
but i'm currently working on the no spin throw from any range
<<

Plainshifter

Post Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:48 am

BenLankford wrote:I used to throw but I have lost both of my throwers, when I sharpened up my friends Glock feild knife I threw that around a bit but I need to pick me up some throwers and get back into that.

huh,
I can get so many throwing shit at the store near my house where i get all my meelee stuff,
Its got Baterangs, and Stars, and basic Kunais, and Basic Throwing Knives,
And its all really cheap.
But to be able to buy more then the tazers or impact weapons i have to have a parent with meh :/
What the hell?
The mods are in my signature!
DOAlaboratories: you don't have more friends than i have ball hairs and i shave my balls
20:57
<<

Renaissance-Reborn

Post Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:24 pm

1974logan wrote:I've tried throwing from all ranges upto 15 meters but my most success
and accuracy comes from 6 to 4 meter ranges i can pretty much land most knives from that range :TU:
but i'm currently working on the no spin throw from any range

Nice, with a warm up on a good day I can hit about 5m but 15m! that's nice man! I prefer not to use spin at all. It seems a bit superfluous if you can do the same thing without spinning it and estimating number of spins etc.

Keep posting stuff :pirate_ANGRY: (this is my happy face)
<<

Plainshifter

Post Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:23 pm

Huh, Renaissance could you maybe make a video tutorial on how to do it without spin?
What the hell?
DOAlaboratories: you don't have more friends than i have ball hairs and i shave my balls
<<

Renaissance-Reborn

Post Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:27 pm

Plainshifter wrote:Huh, Renaissance could you maybe make a video tutorial on how to do it without spin?

Unfortunately, I don't make videos. :( I'm more of a watching guy. Granted, if I were challenged I'd probably find a way to film it, I prefer to keep my information on the internet to a minimum. Maybe one day though; you never know what summer will bring :pirate_sail:
<<

Plainshifter

Post Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:08 pm

Renaissance-Reborn wrote:
Plainshifter wrote:Huh, Renaissance could you maybe make a video tutorial on how to do it without spin?

Unfortunately, I don't make videos. :( I'm more of a watching guy. Granted, if I were challenged I'd probably find a way to film it, I prefer to keep my information on the internet to a minimum. Maybe one day though; you never know what summer will bring :pirate_sail:

I ... Challenge, you to make a video? :D
Loljk, its good I will prolly do some research see if i can learn it, if so then i don't need actual throwing knives, i could use things like my crappy pocket knives :D
What the hell?
<<

Renaissance-Reborn

Post Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:35 pm

Plainshifter wrote:

I ... Challenge, you to make a video? :D
Loljk, its good I will prolly do some research see if i can learn it, if so then i don't need actual throwing knives, i could use things like my crappy pocket knives :D

Alright, rule 1. Always use non-folding knives. It's not that it can't be done (I've seen people throw bali's) But to start off, your going to want full tang knives. if you use a folding knife before your proficient, your going to break it. Pocket knives (like victornox or leatherman) are way too handle heavy to throw with any real affect. If foldiers are your only way, try your best to find a knife that is balanced either where your pointer finger would rest in a hammer grip or at the pivot point. Just makes things easier and cheaper in the long run (you'll break less knives ;) :lol: )
<<

Plainshifter

Post Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:21 pm

Renaissance-Reborn wrote:Alright, rule 1. Always use non-folding knives. It's not that it can't be done (I've seen people throw bali's) But to start off, your going to want full tang knives. if you use a folding knife before your proficient, your going to break it. Pocket knives (like victornox or leatherman) are way too handle heavy to throw with any real affect. If foldiers are your only way, try your best to find a knife that is balanced either where your pointer finger would rest in a hammer grip or at the pivot point. Just makes things easier and cheaper in the long run (you'll break less knives ;) :lol: )

Lol thanks,
I am gonna get some Tang knives once i get cash,
But i am just using little knives i got at the dollar store, i actually got it like 6/10 times! :D
What the hell?
Next

Return to Flipping Everything Else