FAQ  •  Czat  •  Register  •  Login

Do you flip publicly?

Moderator: slashncut

<<

Luke oX

Post Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:27 am

Do you flip publicly?

I find myself walking around my neighborhood flipping since balisongs are legal to carry and poses in Virginia. Do you guys flip publicly?
Last edited by Luke oX on Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

slashncut wrote:It's better to have flipped and lost than to have never flipped at all.
<<

Nardath

Post Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:56 am

Re: Do you flip publicly?

Nope.
ImageImage
Third at FATOC 11'
Looseyfur wrote:the lord satan invents all tricks then he gives them to top flippers in the form of superpowers to be manifiest into reality from the nightmare realm.
<<

FkeSpydrFly

Post Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:46 am

Hell to the yes
fke
<<

brad5452

Post Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:27 pm

Not yet but I plan on it when my knife comes. If I ran into someone flipping a balisong and I had no clue what they were called I think it would be pretty cool. I'm hoping other people would think the same. I believe they are legal to carry in PA, and if they are not I doubt I'll get in much trouble.
<<

GetTheFood11

Post Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:11 pm

I wish California laws didn't suck so much.
<<

brad5452

Post Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:32 pm

GetTheFood11 wrote:I wish California laws didn't suck so much.

I hate commiefornia. Luckily I'm on the other side of the states. Isn't it a felony just to own a balisong in CA? CA's laws are complete and utter bullshit from what I hear. With proper licenses can you still own grenade launchers and miniguns? I think they're legal nationwide but I could be mistaken.
<<

takeiteazy3

Post Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:36 pm

In cali you can own but not carry.
Image http://www.youtube.com/user/TakeItEazy3
I am number 17 out of ???
<<

Zizworth

Post Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:43 am

They are legal to own and carry in PA under state law, but half the cops think they are illegal and will try to charge you for carrying an offensive weapon. I've had people call the police on me for walking my dog flipping a bali, and i've had cops take my knife and try to charge me with a crime. So it may be legal to carry and flip in public in PA, but it honestly isnt worth the problems that ensue.

If you decide to flip in public and a cop tells you that he "knows for sure that its illegal" and takes your knife, for your own sake comply with him, get a receipt for your knife, and go pick it up when they realize it's not an offensive weapon. I actually had to cite a precedent to get my knife back the first time, so if on the off chance they don't just drop it and give your knife back, case law where they ruled that a bali was legal in PA would be Commonwealth v. Miles no. 2263-1988.

tl;dr Flipping in PA wastes your time, get a balicomb.
<<

Quintocer0s

Post Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:20 am

I want to flip outside but I don't. I respect my bali and like to keep it in good condition, not chipped off concrete. Other than that I do edc my bali, and here in oregon their legal if not concealed, though most poeple will tell you their illegal.
<<

c.wigum

Post Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:43 am

No. Although illegal where I live I could probably get away with it.

I'm not interested in drawing any unneccessary attention to myself. If I want to flip outside I use my back yard. I also don't want to damage my knife. I will only flip over my bed, the couch, carpet or grass.
10 out of ?.. Roll/.. ALWAYS!!! blow on the pie (safer communities together)
<<

CalviNNatioN

Post Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:12 pm

I would never think of it living in canada, However I think if I were in a state that legalized the carry of balisongs i still wouldnt. I doubt its a good Idea.
<<

penguinpanda0

Post Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:47 pm

Actually with CA law, you can own balis and carry them too, provided you have a 2 inch blade. :oops:
<<

BaliBombshell

Post Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:39 pm

A few things to say:

1. I like how brad5452 calls California "Commiefornia". It's very suiting, in my opinion. Props for that. :clap:

2. In the state of CT, if I'm not mistaken, if the blade is over 4" or if it's a gravity knife, switchblade, etc. then you cannot carry it on you in public. The state law doesn't say anything about not being able to own these types of knives, though.

3. I cannot flip publicly because I own a Benchmade 51. It has a 4.25" blade. That would get me locked up for a while on charges of owning an illegal weapon since it is both (a) a balisong and (b) over 4".

4. If I could flip publicly, I most definitely would.
News flash! Australian metal band "Parkway Drive" would like to offer words of advice to all of us here at the Flipping Arena: "Guns for show, knives for a pro."
<<

Arcbaliangel

Post Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:41 am

i do closed work publically. dont wan2 freak someone out. but sometimes i cant help it and do some open stuff hahaah
Flipping isn't a Crime, But not Flipping is ;]
<<

reaperisgrim

Post Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:33 am

I just learned behind the 8 ball in front of my boss at work.
I'm gonna slash and gash, cut another hole in your ass. I spill blood on the wall and play tennis with your balls, cuz if the phone rings, don't answer da call. I'm gonna slit yo throat, fuck you like a goat, peel yo foreskin off and make a winter coat.
Next

Return to The Art of Flipping