FAQ  •  Czat  •  Register  •  Login

Knife laws around the world

Moderator: slashncut

<<

RockChalkFlipper

Post Mon May 02, 2011 8:19 am

Re: Knife laws around the world

Kansas, illegal as hell. They fall under the gravity knife category. I find this odd as Kansas has a conceal carry law that allows anyone with $250, a 4 hour class, and a gun do as they please. :roll:
Friend of mine--"Dude I'll give you a dollar everytime you get cut with that thing."
Me--"Better hit up an ATM."
<<

Palethius

Post Mon May 02, 2011 10:20 am

RockChalkFlipper wrote:Kansas, illegal as hell. They fall under the gravity knife category. I find this odd as Kansas has a conceal carry law that allows anyone with $250, a 4 hour class, and a gun do as they please. :roll:

Hey, I'm from Lawrence. High schools.. college...16 years.... That's where I started flipping. I miss the place.

In KS, it is legal to own/buy/sell... just not to carry.

It seems as though knife and gun laws don't seem to jive together very often. Lets make the more dangerous, made to kill items legal to carry.... but god forbid we let a scary knife sit in someone's pocket. Yeah, TX is the same way. It's totally ridiculous.
#16 huh? /rollin' somethin' for the future....
<<

RockChalkFlipper

Post Mon May 02, 2011 11:25 am

Rock Chalk Jayhawk man!

Palethius wrote:

Crap...

I have no idea anymore, I went so far as to call the local PD in both Lawrence and Wichita (where I'm originally from) and they both said they were illegal. The law seems...vague, at best.
Friend of mine--"Dude I'll give you a dollar everytime you get cut with that thing."
Me--"Better hit up an ATM."
<<

Palethius

Post Mon May 02, 2011 12:42 pm

RockChalkFlipper wrote:Rock Chalk Jayhawk man!

Palethius wrote:

Crap...

I have no idea anymore, I went so far as to call the local PD in both Lawrence and Wichita (where I'm originally from) and they both said they were illegal. The law seems...vague, at best.

I was wrong, I looked it up... and you're right, it's totally illegal. No buying, selling, making, carrying, flipping, thinking about, etc. BUT, the law also pretty much prohibits all knives made today... because you can open them with one hand.

Kansas knife law states the following:
(a) Selling, manufacturing, purchasing, possessing or carrying any bludgeon, sandclub, metal knuckles or throwing star, or any knife, commonly referred to as a switch-blade, which, having the appearance of a pocket knife, also has a blade that opens automatically by hand pressure applied to a button, spring or other device in the handle of the knife, or by other mechanical contrivance, or any knife having a blade that opens or falls or is ejected into position by the force of gravity or by an outward, downward or centrifugal thrust or movement;

I mean, hell, the bold parts eliminate almost all folding knives produced today. A thubstud is a mechanism where you apply outward thrust to open = illegal. stupid. They don't believe in evolution either.
#16 huh? /rollin' somethin' for the future....
<<

savage12k

Post Sat May 07, 2011 9:32 pm

Wisconsin;
other than switchblades, WI has NO specific knife laws. some of the cities do though, so watch out for that. and WI state troopers are notorious for making up a length law off the top of their head. don't let them fool you. Do find out what the local laws are though, it just saves the headache.
Angelheaded hipsters burning for the ancient heavenly connection to the starry dynamo in the machinery of night... Ginsberg.

Ut in acuta!!!

"Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Steady, Steady is Fast, and Fast is Deadly." 1Lt Chong, 4/6 Air Cav
<<

boomtnt

Post Wed May 11, 2011 9:44 pm

California: Illegal to carry, but im not sure about owning, but most weapons are illegal in CA anyway :TD:
<<

uwanaugoda

Leaves dried blood on Kimuras.

Post Wed May 11, 2011 10:06 pm

Arizona:
FaultyPly- "My cocks breaks the glass in your optical lenses while I skull fuck you"
Crockus- "guess Im just used to "small things"
<<

sirhorsechoker

Post Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:07 am

MISSISSIPPI: about the same as Texas. I edc a 51. Cops have taken knives from me but that's just precaution. They give them back.
<<

reaper9243

Post Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:57 am

montana: legal to carry and own (montana is extremely laid back about knives and guns)
<<

c-mon96

Post Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:57 am

anyone know about maryland?
<<

fixCZer

Post Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:05 pm

Czech Republic - open carry, completely legal balison :lol:
balsiong is no problem
Sorry, but my English is very bad!
<<

RokBoks

Post Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:08 am

Cali here too, legal to own and carry as long as blade is under 2 inches (that basically means the whole blade stock) falls under gravity knife/switchblade territory i think which is a damn shame cause my b200 is well over that... oh cant buy or sell here i think dont know about making them :)
<<

DrIGGI

Post Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:59 am

Austria: Own/Carry etc. legal from 18 years and up
<<

Riptide

Post Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:58 pm

Silent Jay wrote:New Jersey
Illegal to carry and own.

New jersey sucks, just about anything that is sharp, or even considered a weapon, can be illegal, or at the very least taken away. Had a 2.5 in S&W folder open carry around town (i worked in a packagin factory, so i was cutting boxes open all day), confiscated by local PD because they considered it to be dangerous. as for balis, ILLEGAL AS FUCK
a.k.a. The Professor (courtesy of Ryanol)
Collecting cuts since February 2013
http://www.youtube.com/mrriptide161
<<

Malcolm Reynolds

be the malcolm

Post Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:03 am

Indiana is legal to own and carry if the blade is under 4 inches
rms+Image= :poop:
:pirate1: + :taco: = :taco_pirate:
PreviousNext

Return to The Art of Flipping