FAQ  •  Czat  •  Register  •  Login

What Kimura should I get?

Moderator: T-man

<<

absRTP

Post Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:22 am

Re: What Kimura should I get?

I got the new prototype K VIII, I love it, the addition of the G10 on the handles is awesome, worth the little extra $$.
<<

bdobalisong

Post Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:02 pm

Get the kimura by far the best first flipper. I love the kimura VI

‎[ O : O : O : O : O : O : )_______________/ /
[ O : O : O : O : O : O : )_______________\/
<<

taylob15

'flipping beast'

Post Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:35 pm

i have a k2 and it tried to eat my foot so i flipped my 32 and now im startin to go back to my k2
feenxfire wrote:now you know my power i will prove it no further

TSCKBTA
<<

Piper Maru

Post Tue May 08, 2012 11:12 pm

I have the KImura 3 and that is the balisong I learned a lot of basics on. Granted I am still learning basics but the Kimura 3 is what I first learned with. Yea, it is crazy sharp, and as someone mentioned some of the cuts feels faster (not always) but some do, because it is such a clean cut. The BM51 is just a lot of fun, both are great, and I think you should buy both balisongs. Both of them specialize in different things, so buy them all.
<<

Klockwyse

Post Sun May 20, 2012 8:03 am

I decided on the Kimura 5 and I think it's a great flipper, however I wish the handles were longer and it was lighter. The blade comes sharp as hell and it FUCKED my hand up. I definitely recommend you tape it at first.
<<

Skaunders

f.k.a. DumbNinjaDude

Post Sun May 20, 2012 2:25 pm

Klockwyse wrote:I decided on the Kimura 5 and I think it's a great flipper, however I wish the handles were longer and it was lighter. The blade comes sharp as hell and it FUCKED my hand up. I definitely recommend you tape it at first.

I wouldn't, the cuts show you that you're doing something wrong. Taping your blade won't show you what you're bad habits are or where they lie so when you untape it and do the same the poor habits are muscle memory and will fuck up your hand for longer. If you don't tape you blade the knife will immediately show tell you that your form sucks and you need to adjust before getting in the habbit.
<<

Klockwyse

Post Sun May 20, 2012 2:39 pm

Skaunders wrote:
Klockwyse wrote:I decided on the Kimura 5 and I think it's a great flipper, however I wish the handles were longer and it was lighter. The blade comes sharp as hell and it FUCKED my hand up. I definitely recommend you tape it at first.

I wouldn't, the cuts show you that you're doing something wrong. Taping your blade won't show you what you're bad habits are or where they lie so when you untape it and do the same the poor habits are muscle memory and will fuck up your hand for longer. If you don't tape you blade the knife will immediately show tell you that your form sucks and you need to adjust before getting in the habbit.

That's a valid point, and tape can definitely turn into a crutch if over-relied on. However, for a beginner learning to do, say an aerial, they are almost guaranteed to cut/stab themselves repeatedly until they get the feel for the move down. I think there's a time and place for tape.
<<

Skaunders

f.k.a. DumbNinjaDude

Post Sun May 20, 2012 3:50 pm

Klockwyse wrote:
Skaunders wrote:

That's a valid point, and tape can definitely turn into a crutch if over-relied on. However, for a beginner learning to do, say an aerial, they are almost guaranteed to cut/stab themselves repeatedly until they get the feel for the move down. I think there's a time and place for tape.

If you're doing that with a kimmy then you may as well not tape it. I tried when I got my K6 and it went through duck tape like it wasn't even there. But I can see your point.
<<

Switchfeathers

Post Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:16 pm

I'm a bit torn on buying a Kimura or not...

I hear lots of good things about them, and I'm certain they're great knives, quality wise...

But at the same time... I just don't like how they look. I think they are, quite frankly, rather ugly knives.

Appearence is a big thing for me, when it comes to products. And my every day life seldom calls for a sharp blade, so I'm tossing up form over function or function over form on this one...
<<

Skaunders

f.k.a. DumbNinjaDude

Post Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:33 pm

Switchfeathers wrote:I'm a bit torn on buying a Kimura or not...

I hear lots of good things about them, and I'm certain they're great knives, quality wise...

But at the same time... I just don't like how they look. I think they are, quite frankly, rather ugly knives.

Appearence is a big thing for me, when it comes to products. And my every day life seldom calls for a sharp blade, so I'm tossing up form over function or function over form on this one...

I have the opposite view, I like the militaristic character of the knife. I opted for the tanto profile.

Honestly I would get one just for the quality/price. They have very very little play and they're fantastic. If you can spare the money just go for it.
<<

Quintocer0s

Post Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:46 pm

I wouldn't spend any money on them. They are pretty ugly (go check out that toxified one and you'll see a pretty one) and they flip like crap unless you dedicate yourself to just a kimmy.
<<

Skaunders

f.k.a. DumbNinjaDude

Post Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:33 pm

Quintocer0s wrote:I wouldn't spend any money on them. They are pretty ugly (go check out that toxified one and you'll see a pretty one) and they flip like crap unless you dedicate yourself to just a kimmy.

I suppose it really just depends on personal preference. I like how well I can keep the momentum going on it. I flip my K6 just as much as my 51.
<<

Snows

Post Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:51 am

If you're debating about saving for a Kimura, I would absolutely recommend it. I've never owned a benchmade, but the Kimura easily outdoes any CCC you'll find. I have a K6 and I'm considering buying a K7 to match so I can work on some two handed techniques.

They're heavy, but I don't think they'll ever break.
<<

Wheelman185

Post Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:21 pm

Snows wrote:If you're debating about saving for a Kimura, I would absolutely recommend it. I've never owned a benchmade, but the Kimura easily outdoes any CCC you'll find. I have a K6 and I'm considering buying a K7 to match so I can work on some two handed techniques.

They're heavy, but I don't think they'll ever break.

Unless it's a modified one from yours truely, many have rated them better than the Kimmies! :roll:
-Wheel

Just started flipping? Hard to find decent Balis in the $30-$60 range? The Search Ends Here!

Don't hold out for a BM42! Take that $400+ you are planning on spending and go get in line for an Alpha Beast! You won't be disaponted!
<<

bladeboy

Post Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:55 pm

get the 7
PreviousNext

Return to The Knives We Flip