FAQ  •  Czat  •  Register  •  Login

guys I need some help

Moderator: T-man

<<

deathsnuggle

Post Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:18 pm

guys I need some help

alright so a few years ago my beloved bm42 broke, well my tang pin fell out. now I would just send it into benchmade to be serviced. but the problem is I live in California and they wouldn't send myknife back. anybody know a knife maker who I can send it to who can fix this? or anybody I can send it to where balisongs are legal andthey cansend it in for me? I will of course pay for shipping.
<<

Cpfrombv

Post Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:29 pm

Re: guys I need some help

deathsnuggle wrote:alright so a few years ago my beloved bm42 broke, well my tang pin fell out. now I would just send it into benchmade to be serviced. but the problem is I live in California and they wouldn't send myknife back. anybody know a knife maker who I can send it to who can fix this? or anybody I can send it to where balisongs are legal andthey cansend it in for me? I will of course pay for shipping.

I think that you can send in just the blade and they will fix it. I know they have done this for other people, but I would contact BM and see if they will do a blade only fix for you.
Mom told me not to run with scissors, but she never said I couldn't play with knives.
<<

deathsnuggle

Post Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:57 pm

good idea. I'llemail them andsee what they say. thanks I'll updatewhen I hear back
<<

T-man

Post Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:33 pm

Why? Why not just find a nail that fits, grab a vice and voila?
:mrt:
" It comes with the territory." - Jessica
" :vid: <--- Cause that's how shit works here for everyone :stickwhack: " - Silent Jay
<<

deathsnuggle

Post Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:53 pm

so benchmade hasn'tgotten back to me, I've decided tofixit myself. anybody know what size pin stock I need?
<<

exile82187

Post Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:52 pm

This site sells replacement pins but the guy who owns the site is kind of a whiny baby and is hard to deal with if a problem comes up on your order, but here goes assisstedknife.com sells replacement parts for the 42.
<<

Jason

Owner

Post Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:30 am

deathsnuggle wrote:so benchmade hasn'tgotten back to me, I've decided tofixit myself. anybody know what size pin stock I need?

Forgot about this thread.

I can't remember exactly what the tang pin hole diameter is on a 4x, but it should be about 1/8".
I cut the pin well over length, chuck it halfway into a drill or rotary tool, and grind it on a sharpening stone to taper it so it sits about halfway in the hole. I then apply red loctite, hammer it in, and grind it to length.
<<

deathsnuggle

Post Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:26 am

An update. I got everything fixed, new pin, phos bronze washers. Thanks guys my 42 is back in buisness.
<<

exile82187

Post Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:18 pm

:TU:

Return to Maintenance