FAQ  •  Czat  •  Register  •  Login

bb-barfly got beasted on!

Moderator: T-man

<<

balifreak23

Post Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:54 pm

bb-barfly got beasted on!

got mine two or three days ago and flipped it for a total of 20ish minutes between the first two days. today i flipped the living hell out of it and the pin in one of the handles came out after my 60th power aerial, i rubbed a tiny bit of jb weld on the pin and put it back in, i doubt it will last but ill mess with it till it works. Moral of the story is Don't do power aerials with these things unless you want to fix it. besides that i am enjoying it, takes a little while to get used to, but after that the momentum in phenominal on this thing!
Seriously though if you wanted advice on how to fight.... go with the Bitch Slap as he won't be expecting that and it would be funny as fuck.
A full force slap across the chops then run like the wind.
Bitch Slap my friend.. it never fails. - c.wigum
<<

Phlypzilla

Post Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:50 pm

Re: bb-barfly got beasted on!

i broke the tang pin on one of mine! its a little loose on my other too.
<<

CruelChris

Post Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:24 pm

I had a BBBarfly and flipped it till it broke. I had no tang pin problem because the pin was bent to where you can not get it out. I thought that was cool, but it didn't come on the other ones. The handle cracked and broke off. The handle is made of a graphite compound and the "blade" is a low tempered stainless steel. I did love it though so when it broke, I was lonely. I do notice a difference in quality from the older models or it's just me. The newer one feel cheaper than they did when I bought mine. I got the newer ones for a friend and a brother.I still recommend it to a beginner though, and maybe to a pro.
CC
<<

Skaunders

f.k.a. DumbNinjaDude

Post Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:38 pm

How the hell are you breaking them? I've had mine for months and its perfectly fine. Y'all must be throwing them against walls or something.
<<

Wheelman185

Post Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:43 pm

I've broken 2 of them.......

I did it Bartending though. If you are opening tons of bottles 5 days a week and flipping it for 5 plus days a week it tends to happen. My nomal bar keys bend all the time.

In no way am I ever going to knock the BBBarflies though, they are quite rugged and will hold up to any flippers needs.

Someday.....I'll design a full blown Ti version with a few tweaks......
-Wheel

Just started flipping? Hard to find decent Balis in the $30-$60 range? The Search Ends Here!

Don't hold out for a BM42! Take that $400+ you are planning on spending and go get in line for an Alpha Beast! You won't be disaponted!
<<

CruelChris

Post Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:23 pm

I did flip outside a lot and dropped on concrete/ground a lot doing power aerials.
I forgot to mention that.
CC
<<

CruelChris

Post Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:26 pm

Also, mine was months old (approximately 7 months)
CC
<<

CruelChris

Post Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:44 pm

Mine was also it was approximately around 7 months old.
I still loved it. I would recommend it still to see if you like flipping when you are a beginner.
CC
<<

zohninja

Post Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:50 pm

im thinking about getting a BBBarfly because it would be legal to carry around where i live and i see a lot of people recommending them but does it mess with your usually flipping with a live blade(make you sloppy and all the stuff that usually goes with trainers or can go with them)
Flip till you bleed. Literally.
<<

exile82187

Post Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:36 am

Thats a hard one to answer so I will go from experience and in my experience when going from a live blade to a fake blade it made me lose a little confidence while flipping the live blade that I had to gain back. But maybe it will be different for you who's to say what will happen when you do it.
<<

Wheelman185

Post Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:47 pm

exile82187 wrote:Thats a hard one to answer so I will go from experience and in my experience when going from a live blade to a fake blade it made me lose a little confidence while flipping the live blade that I had to gain back. But maybe it will be different for you who's to say what will happen when you do it.

When flipping a trainer or the Barfly, I just make a mental note or mark the bite handle and make it a point to know when I would have gotten bit!
-Wheel

Just started flipping? Hard to find decent Balis in the $30-$60 range? The Search Ends Here!

Don't hold out for a BM42! Take that $400+ you are planning on spending and go get in line for an Alpha Beast! You won't be disaponted!
<<

exile82187

Post Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:11 pm

Agreed there is a way to use a trainer and get away with it and the good thing about trainers is they will have the similar weight and feel to them I am unsure as to whether or not the BBBarfly will be proportionately weighted.

Return to Maintenance