FAQ  •  Czat  •  Register  •  Login

Kimura 5 V Kimura 2

Moderator: T-man

<<

BritishFlipper

Post Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:57 am

Kimura 5 V Kimura 2

I'm sure this has been asked before.

The main difference is the handles so i was wondering are there any Pro's/Con's? Or is it just a preference?

Thanks alot
Insert Witty Remark Here [...]
<<

Masharp81

Post Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:38 pm

Re: Kimura 5 V Kimura 2

BritishFlipper wrote:I'm sure this has been asked before.

The main difference is the handles so i was wondering are there any Pro's/Con's? Or is it just a preference?

Thanks alot

Pretty much just aesthetics. The weight on the handles is the same, so there shouldn't be any difference when it comes to flipping.
<<

exile82187

Post Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:46 pm

yep sad to say they are basically the same knife which sucks I wish they would come up with a new idea other than switching the handles on their knife, but still a quality knife especially for the price they did a great job on their kimura line and on the mayhem, if they made a kimura 5 with titanium or brass handles I would probably buy three but for now I will just stick with my kimmy 2.
<<

Masharp81

Post Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:12 pm

yeah, the kimura is a solid knife. even though I have knives that are considered to be better flippers, i still flip my kimmy quite often. she's a good girl, but she does like to bite :twisted:
<<

Cpfrombv

Post Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:11 pm

I have the K2 and really like it, I don't have the K5 so I can only give you my thoughts on it. The grooves on the K5 may give you a little better grip and will be easier to clean than the holes have for me on the K2. I was used to a thicker, more rounded handled bali, so it took some time getting used to the K2's squared shape. I also took some clear fingernail polish and dabbed it on the safe handle, then just as it was a bit sticky, I tapped my finger on it. It gives it a "stippled" feel and I seem to grip it better. Other may not like it, but to each his own.
Whichever one you choose, I think you will not regret it.
Mom told me not to run with scissors, but she never said I couldn't play with knives.

Return to The Knives We Flip